Malerba

• ( 32 reviews )

Via Petroni 15/b, Bologna, Italy

Vegan fried and cookery, veggie sandwiches, organic craft beer and other drinks. Previously named Centoecento Veg and relocated from Via Centotrecento 12/a.
Note December 2021: Restaurants in Italy require a Green Pass for indoor dining. Please review government regulations and call ahead to confirm rules and availability before dining. Open Mon-Fri 08:30-17:00, Sat 09:30-22:30.

Categories: Vegan, Italian, Organic, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by Alessandro

LaurenHartley

Points +54

19 Nov 2021

Cute vegan cafe

I had the soup and a little strawberry muffin- both really nice and everything is vegan. Has hot meals, salads, coffees and cakes

Pros: Lots of options , Friendly staff

Francifra

Points +30

22 Aug 2021

Delizioso, vegano ed economico

Posto molto carino ed accogliente. Ampia scelta vegana e cibo DELIZIOSO. Prezzi molto buoni. Ci tornerò ogni volta che passo da Bologna. Stra consigliato!

Pros: Molte opzioni vegane, prezzi bassi, locale carino.

MelinaFrançoise

Points +1224

26 Jul 2021

Healthy and filling

I had a club sandwich which was really fresh and healthy, it filled me up well. The taste of my cappuccino was great but it came almost cold. Prices are fair!

Olympia

Points +72

24 Jul 2021

Really healthy

This incredible 100% vegan place has really healthy choices. I tried burger and croissant. Thank you for everything.

Pros: Healthy food

jollburr

Points +1211

Herbivore
27 Jun 2021

Great healthy lunch

We had a nice lunch at Malerba and it was filled with locals even though the seating is very limited. Staff were very kind and friendly, there is a free wifi and their lunch offer had just a few meals that were easy to choose from. I had the raw zucchini pasta that is not usually my first choice but I saw a picture of this dish on their instagram and it looked great. And it tasted awesome with the parsley pesto and fresh cherry tomatoes. I will certainly try to make this one at home. My fiancé had the bowl which was gluten free with wild rice. The fresh juice was also very good. They even had vegan bounty for 1,5 €.

Pros: friendly staff

Cons: salads and bowls served in disposable packaging

ErikGrinsvall

Points +50

19 Feb 2021

Good, but..

So i decided to finally order some food from this place after it seemed quite popular on reviews and so on.

As i tried to avoid going to outlets lately due to avoiding crowded area, i decided to have it delivered. I ordered the soup of the day and the club sandwich for delivery. It arrived roughly 20 min later as i stayed 600m away from the restaurant. I was quite excited for the dish, However, quick to my surprise, i think i had my expectations a bit too high on this one.

The soup portion came half full and close to room temperature. I was expecting at least to have a generous portion for 7 euros. Adding to the dissatisfaction, the temperature of the soup did not help. I would understand if It was a longer distance to travel between the address and the restaurant...but we are talking 600m. Taste wise, i think it was alright. The club sandwich was pretty much like eating a toast with broccoli mash. Nothing too extravagant, but it was ok.

I blame the fact that the food is probably not delivery friendly, at least not for me. As far as price to quality is concerned, i unfortunately do not see it. I hope someone else will have a greater experience with the food, as i do believe it has potential. But for me, unfortunately, not too great.

Pros: Quick delivery, Good variety of dishes

Cons: Bit pricy, Inconsistent portions , Food quality/temperature

MarialuceGiorgini

Points +128

27 Oct 2020

100% vegan!

I've been in Malerba and I loved the food so much! Everything is vegan and organic and so tasty. The cakes also are worth it to try, delicious!

Pros: 100% vegan, Healthy, Cheap

Cons: Small place

Avena

Points +83

08 Oct 2020

Amazing little gem

Malerba is a cute little spot with some very friendly employees who translated the entire menu for me. I tried a roll/wrap with smoked tofu, topinambur, some potatoes and greens as well as a delicious sauce. The combination of flavours was very much on point and I have never eaten anything similar! There are lots of other choices and they are all very affordable. I definitely recommend this gem in Bologna.

Pros: Delicious vegan food, Affordable prices, Friendly staff

miss_pi

Points +90

29 Sep 2020

Cute vegan Restaurant

Awesome variety, for example pasta, sandwiches, burger, bowls.
I really recommend the club sandwich, it was so good. Had it with the self made burger bun, since the bread wasn't available anymore. Was super yummy! The chocolate cake was also delicious!
The staff was also extremely friendly =)

Pros: Good choices, good prices

Massibo

Points +185

22 May 2020

Uno dei migliori!

In questo piccolo e accogliente laboratorio non fanno nulla che sia meno che delizioso. I ragazzi che ci lavorano sono gentili ed entusiasti. Do 4 stelle solo perché nel tempo le porzioni si sono ridotte e i prezzi aumentati.

Pros: Tutto squisito

Cons: Costoso e con porzioni non generose

Kekskönigin

Points +240

15 Dec 2019

Great for Lunch

Small vegan Restaurant next to the University.
Saturday around 1:30 pm it was really crowded.
The staff was really nice though, the food was good and not expensive at all (Dish and Water was 9,-€ ) , Service was quick.
I had the Dish of the day with Seitan, Tempeh, Broccoli and Rice - but Everything else I saw, like Sandwiches and Bowls looked good as well.
I would definitely come back again for a quick Lunch.

Pros: Organic Food, Friendly Staff, Not expensive

Cons: Small

NatalieBlanc

Points +332

13 Oct 2019

Really good vegan food and cake

We had Amazing filled pasta dish and bean soup and also great chocolate and Chestnut cake. The best vegan place we tried in Bologna

CarliForrest

Points +18

13 Jul 2019

Yum and chill

Had a lovely seitan kebab and the coffee was also great. Lovely staff.. recommend for a pit stop!

Suboptimant

Points +118

24 Jun 2019

Cosy and tasty

A small restaurant with an interesting selection of foods: sandwiches, salads, gazpacho etc. Very friendly staff, and yes, the food is tasty.

Prices are totally reasonable. I paid under 20 for two dishes, two drinks, and a dessert.

Pros: Like among friends

CaseyK

Points +219

29 Apr 2019

Okay food, friendly employees

I decided to go here because it was nearby where I was walking even though I noted some not-great reviews. I got the "Buddha Bowl" for 8 euros which consisted of rice, cabbage, chickpeas, beets, tahini, and some sprouts. It was pretty good but nothing special but was a nice nourishing meal. The two employees working were very friendly and cheerful. Did not like the use of disposable packaging that was used even for customers who were eating in, despite notices that everything was compostable. Overall I would recommend if you're in a pinch and want to get something quickly in this area of the city, otherwise I would say to go to one of the other recommended restaurants in Bologna.

Pros: Friendly employees, Clean restaurant, Healthy options

Cons: Nothing special

MadMarty

Points +30

31 Mar 2019

Vegan and all homemade

Great vegan place with a more than satisfactory choice. The staff is friendly, acceptably fast processing the orders and very courteous. At peak times there is a bit of a wait and it is rather small, so it is also necessary to consider not necessarily eating on the spot. However, definitely recommended.

Pros: All vegan, All homemade, Great staff

Cons: Crowded at peak times, Small place

ninaframbuesa

Points +1119

17 Feb 2019

Soooo friendly

The guy here was so nice and brightened our day with his smile! It's always great to walk into a place and feel like the people there are happy with their job!

We came for breakfast which is not exactly what they specialize in so I can't say too much about the other options. We had a muffin and a club sandwich as well as a super yummy juice. Everything was excellent but we couldn't come back for a second time.

Be aware that this is a very small place with not a lot of seating available. It's definitely more of a place for a snack or for takeway.

Pros: Really friendly staff, Delicious food

VeganAF2018

Points +142

07 Feb 2019

Great vegan place for lunch in Bologna

Great place for vegan lunch in Bologna. Affordable and hearty dishes. Friendly English speaking staff. Definitely recommend.

Pros: Entirely vegan

BeakerTheVegan

Points +37

21 Nov 2018

Friendly staff, great lunchtime location.

The staff at Malerba are so friendly. The place is clean and modern looking. All fresh ingredients. Excellent location for lunch. I had the club sandwich. Menu is just right for lunch. It has burgers, panini, soups, salads, etc.

Pros: Friendly staff., Clean and modern., All vegan.

Italian.vegan

Points +308

16 Oct 2018

All vegan, open for breakfast

The food was delicious but the service was a bit abrupt! I had a jam croissant and an espresso. Delicious and cheap - and open early for breakfast! 8:30am Mon-Fri (but closed on Sunday I think, not sure about Saturday!)

Pros: All vegan, Cheap

yamilabawa

Points +16

18 Jul 2018

so good!

i got the vegan chocolate croissant and it was so yummy!! would definitely recommend!

CharlotteLD

Points +144

21 Apr 2018

Friendly staff, fresh ingredients, lots of options!

Fully vegan restaurant with casual seating indoors and one outdoor table. Lots of sandwich choices and a couple of dishes of the day. I had courgetti with a tomato pesto sauce and a chocolate cake. Both were delicious! The staff didn't speak great English but were very friendly and tried their best to explain the menu. Eat in or take away.

Pros: Lots of options, Not expensive , Delicious, fresh food

Cons: Needs more outdoor seating

RogerDavie

Points +34

09 Oct 2017

great vegan fast food

This was a little gem of a lace with good tasty food -- everything is vegan and the service was very good for us. Highly recommended. Lots of students here by the university -- worth the trek

Pros: great food , good service

Cons: small place but very welcoming

VegElle

Points +34

08 Jan 2016

A personal favourite

Been here a few times now, I can safely say I like it a lot! Everything is vegan and they have a very interesting menu, not only the same old boring vegan Burger. I loved both the Focaccia and the wrap but maybe the ingredients change from season to season

Pros: Wrap

Cons: Very cheap - a focaccia is 4,90€ and a wrap 5,90€

AliHeffetz

Points +20

28 Sep 2015

great spot in the center of Bologna

Sweet little place in the heart of Bologna.
Kind service and nice atmosphere.
Everything is super healthy and vegan!

veggieram

Points +140

17 Apr 2014

back-street crawling pays dividends

A great place to grab a burger and a beer if you're a footsore vegan who's had it up to there with 'culture'. Cheap and tasty food and popular with students (the uni is just round the corner), this is a real find- fast food that is vegetarian or vegan and that tastes GOOD!

Pros: Fast food that is not junk, Friendly, helpful service, Good 'artisan' beer

Cons: You'll need a map to find it., Limited seating- hardly their fault

matipal

Points +16

03 Dec 2013

best place for vegans/vegetarians in Bologna

I really liked this small takeaway sandwich shop, centrally located in the university area.
The food was excellent, mostly prepared with bio ingredients.
I've been there several times and so I could taste many sandwiches and snacks filled by delicious and creamy sauces accompaining seitan burgers,tempeh, vegan hot dog..... delicious.
Recently they have expanded the menu with
other vegan specialties like Pannella, the traditional Sicilian chickpea fritters, and indian potato Tikki, and "Polpettine di pane vegan".
And to wash it all down drink "White dog beer": is a friendly advice!!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, inexpensive

Cons: outdoor seating

Return to Bologna Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Malerba closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.