Carrburritos

Contact 919-933-8226

711 W Rosemary St, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, USA, 27510

Serves meat, vegan options available. Could get veggie burritos. Guacamole filling is vegan, sweet potato filling is vegetarian.

Category: Lacto, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by Mubby

Only worth it on Tofu Tuesday - Edit

In my opinion, this place is great to go to on Tuesdays. They have delicious tofu they cook with tomatoes that is really worth it. The rest of the menu is delicious too, but not really worth the price, This place is pretty expensive for a burrito joint.

Pros: Delicious Tofu on Tuesdays, Some vegan options on the regular menu

Cons: Really expensive for a burrito place

Amazing vegan tofu - Edit

I finally tried Carrburritos after learning they had tofu. The seasoned tofu is vegan and is amazing! I typically get it in the tostada and they let me substitute cheese and sour cream for guacamole with no up charge! And they also know what vegan means! It's refreshing to go to any animal product serving restaurant and find the staff sensitive about and trained on the meaning of vegan. Also, ingredients are fresh and of high quality.

Pros: Seasoned tofu is wonderful, Fresh ingredients, Friendly and vegan-sensitive staff

Cons: Serves animal products, Small dining room

Fast and Fresh - Edit

My fav place to go for burritos in Carrboro. And they're fast! Last visit was for take out and it was packed. The server bumped me to the front of the line while the previous patrons we're still deciding, nailed my order through the noise of full occupancy, and handed me my order just as I signed the receipt. Amazing.

The vegan mejor burrito is delicious with beans, rice, guacamole, and cooked veggies. With five salsas to choose from, and corn chips that come with a scattering of fried tortillas, there's no shortage of flavors. Still, I wish they had more vegan options. And the drink selection's a little lacking. Fresh horchata would be a nice addition. When it's busy the tiny parking lot can fill up. There's a small, unassuming municipal parking lot across the street.

Pros: Fast, Friendly, Flavorful

Cons: Limited selection, Parking can be difficult when busy

Great vegan burrito! - Edit

This is a local favorite, and it's easy to see why.

I always get a burrito with the guacamole filling, which comes with their locally-famous chips and salsa, and it's amazing. I asked about the sweet potato filling, and they said it had dairy in it.

They also have tofu on Tuesdays! It's a great place to bring friends and enjoy the best burrito in the Triangle!

Tofu Tuesday is delish - Edit

Go on a Tuesday and enjoy their special tofu filling option! It can be a little spicy but don't let that scare you. I always get the "mejor" burrito with tofu and ask for rice instead of dairy. It's gigantic and delicious. If you don't go on a Tuesday, you can still get guacamole or mixed sauteed vegetables as a filling and ask for rice instead of cheese and sour cream. The burrito comes with chips (you get a mix of flour and corn) and they are amazing.

If the weather's nice, they have a cozy outdoor patio and lovely privacy hedge filled with adorable (or possibly annoying to some people) little birdies.

I hate to say it but some of the staff come off a little unfriendly. I'm not saying they have to plaster on a fake smile but some of them just glare at you waiting for you to say what you want instead of asking, and I'm never totally sure if they are ready to take my order, so order at your own risk! But, everyone else is super friendly, so they more than make up for it. The food always comes out really fast, and these guys know how to roll a burrito right.

Their soda is canned, so get the iced tea if you're looking for free refills.
Updated from previous review on Monday August 05, 2013

Pros: fast service, good value and portion size, carrboro vibe

Cons: can soda, sometimes grumpy staff

Return to Chapel Hill Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carrburritos closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1456 times since Jun 2013.