First Review by LBVegan

When They're Good...They're Good, But - Edit

When they're bad, they're bad. I've had some delicious vegan cupcakes there, but I've also had some bad one's one too many times. They just leave them out too long and they get all dry and gross. They generally do have a couple of different vegan ones to pick from, but they're not always fresh.
Not worth the calories or money to risk it.

Pros: vegan cupcakes

Cons: dry & stale, expensive

Meh - Edit

It's a cupcake shop with a small selection of vegan offerings. They're tucked into a cooler in the corner. On the upside, these are large cupcakes, not the standard size, so your $4.50 goes a long way.

The vanilla bean one I had, though... It was gummy and tasted overwhelmingly of citrus. Thanks, but I'll stick to the ones coming out of my oven.

Pros: vegan option

Cons: taste and texture, price

Incredibly moist, yummy, vegan goodness! - Edit

These cupcakes are just what I think of when I think of cupcakes: a perfect cake to frosting ratio; moist, flavorful cake; and perfectly sweet, creamy frosting. I bake vegan cupcakes and have tasted several other vegan cupcakes from bakeries around the country, no one gets close to these--not even mine. That's why, whenever I visit Norfolk, I will be getting a cupcake at Carolina's! Note: Sometimes the clerks are a little slow but just give them a minute. They are nice folk.

Pros: Taste, Multiple locations, Taste

Cons: Not in Roswell, GA, where live

Return to Norfolk Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Carolina Cupcakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 987 times since Jan 2012.