Cafe Zeitraum

040-43277546

Müggenkampstrasse 45, Hamburg, Germany, 20257

Small café that serves pasta, salads, sandwiches, quiche, and cakes. The friendly owner runs an arthouse movie rental place called "Filmraum" next door. Open Mon-Sun 10:00am-8:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Beer/Wine, German

First Review by Take It Back

Wonderful for breakfast - Edit

We went here for breakfast, and the vegan breakfast was really great. It was nice to have a typical German breakfast (muesli, toast, jam) in a vegan version.

The atmosphere was lovely as it was very quiet. The staff are super nice and sweet. I wish we had tried this place sooner so we could have had breakfast here more often.

The location was good for us because we were staying close by, but if it's not in your neighborhood it's not necessarily worth going out of your way to come here.

Pros: Excellent breakfast, Lovely staff, Wonderful atmosphere

Cons: Not the best location

Decent place, but would not make a special trip - Edit

This is a small restaurant in a residential neighborhood. The tables are mostly low and small, as are the chairs. The menu is not extensive. My husband and I both had penne pasta. He had it with a nice tomato basil pesto, which was tasty. I ordered mine with a walnut pesto. They should have told me that the pesto was sweet. It tasted like it had brown sugar in it and belonged in a pastry, rather than a pasta. We also ordered a rocket salad with tomatoes and walnuts. It was good enough, but the rocket in the salad (and both pastas) was full of holes and looked like it had been eaten by bugs. It was clean and edible, but did not look nice. The service was good.

Great for reading magazines on Sundays - Edit

This small cafe offers a small variety of vegetarian dishes as well as cakes. Compfy chairs and tons of magazines (which are free) make for a great place to spend your Sundays!

Return to Hamburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Zeitraum closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.