Cafe Riptide

Contact 0531-2254177

Handelsweg 11, Braunschweig, Germany, 38100

Cafe and record store. Free Wi-Fi. Hours in winter change, call ahead. Open Mon-Wed 12:00pm-11:00pm, Thu-Sat 12:00pm-12:00am, Fri-Sun 12:00am-1:00am.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out

First Review by pseudonymphe

yummy - Edit

Most of the lunch/dinner entrees are vegan. I've tried two of the veggie burgers and they were really really yummy, I really can't wait to go back and try their other kinda vegan traditional German food stuff.

I'm here as an exchange student for a year and it's always exciting to find cool venues with vegan food, but the content of the record store was very good too and had a lot of bands I love from America, which made me feel at home.

Great place, wonderful Currywurst! - Edit

I have been here only once, back in June, and I really loved the place! I had a vegan "Currywurst" (a traditional German sausage served with tomato paste and curry) which came along with a greek-style salad and some flat bread. Delicious! The place has a very relaxed atmosphere and friendly service. Just great, I hope to be back soon!

Pros: great "currywurst", relaxed atmosphere, friendly staff

Cons: can be crowded outside

Great Place To Be - Edit

A friend and me just visited, the Burgers were not the biggest ones I saw but tasted great and were inexpensive. You have to see that cosy place wich is far more then just a Café and record store. It is a relaxed place to be and you can have a chat with the waiters - they know a lot about the local vegan scene.
During summer it is just perfect to sit outside and enjoy the weather along with some homemade Ice tea.

Pros: Location, Price, Atmosphere

Return to Braunschweig Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Riptide closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1362 times since Feb 2010.