Cafe Metropole

Contact 310-510-9095

113 Metropole Ave (at Catalina Island), Avalon, California, USA, 90704

Serves meat, vegan options available. Casual eatery offering a menu of salads, sandwiches, daily soup specials along with fresh fruit smoothies. Food is made to order and served in to-go ware. Has Wi-Fi. Mon-Sun 11:30am-3:00pm Closes January month.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, American, Mediterranean, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by THEMOVIERAD

Great little place - Edit

Very veggie friendly with fresh produce and a gluten free fryer for sweet potato fries. Menu is small and mainly sandwiches and salads but has all the staples for a good veggie panini or sandwich. (Gluten free bread is available)
We walked around for ages before we found this little cafe (Avalon sucks for vegetarians) and we were delighted with the place. If you are in Avalon, do yourself a favor and head there and save yourself a lot of time looking at everyone elses menus.

Pros: Good value, Friendly staff, Organic when possible

Unexpected Pleasure - Edit

I'm here in Catalina for just the day and didn't prepare any food. I hopped on here and saw that this place has felafel's and I was like ohhhh yeah. I soon as I ordered, the cashier notice I was only getting vegan options and stopped me to ask if I was a vegan because the white flat bread has whey in it. I knew I was in the right place. It was a great felafel! (BEWARE PICTURED FELAFEL ABOVE IS WITH THE WHITE FLAT BREAD AND THEREFORE NOT VEGAN!)

Good Option on Catalina - Edit

Saw this place listed on HappyCow when I was planning my trip to Catalina a few weeks back. Ate here and enjoyed it. Our server was very accommodating to veggie inquiries & requests.

Both the roasted vegetable plate and the falafels were delicious, and the lemonade was good, too.

A good place to get veggie food when in Avalon / Catalina.

Vegan Mecca for Catalina - Edit

I'm a vegan from the South Bay who came over to Avalon for the Memorial Day Weekend. After a day and a half of bean and rice burritos from a near by Mexican restaurant I stumbled across the Metropole Cafe. Wow was I glad! The owner is very nice and offers some great vegan options such as the soy chorizo breakfast burrito with avocados and soy cheese. That was a tasty, hearty meal. The Metropole also offers a vegan pizza with assorted veggies and soy cheese that is phenomenal. I also highly recommend their homemade lemonade. I hope The Metropole continues to offer vegan dishes as they will be my first stop everytime I come to Catalina. I'd like to give the Metropole Cafe 5 cows but happycow.com won't let me because they serve meat. A+

Pros: great staff, great food, fairly priced

Cons: not open for dinner

Return to Avalon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe Metropole closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2894 times since Jul 2010.