Cafe India

414-837-6121

2201 S Kinnickinnic Ave, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, 53207

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fast service Indian food. Menu has section for vegetarian food, noting each dish that can be made vegan with a green V. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Indian, Non-veg

First Review by ccaatt

omg so good - Edit

Oh my god! For whatever reason it took us a long time to eat here. When I was in the mood for it, my boyfriend wasn't. When he was in the mood for it, I wasn't. You know how it goes. Then a wonderful thing happened - one night we both really wanted Channa Masala. I was on my way home from work so I stopped in to get take outs. It's much bigger than it looks from the sidewalk, that patio is enormous! We'll definitely be back to sit out there one of these nights. But anyway, I digress...I didn't look at the menu before coming in but they make it really easy for vegetarians/vegans because there's a whole section of their menu just for us - with little icons next to anything that doesn't come vegan but can easily be made so.

I was very hungry and ordered way too much food. I panicked when he asked how spicy I wanted everything and, wanting to look like a pro, ordered the spiciest option. Probably didn't need to do that as I started sweating just by smelling the food when we opened it up at home and it took like 3 hours for my body temperature to come back down, but I'd argue it was worth it. We had leftovers for days thanks to my ambitious ordering and their generous portions, which made for a delicious week.

Pros: delicious, fast, friendly

Cons: a little pricey

Return to Milwaukee Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Cafe India closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.