Burrito Bar and Kitchen

718-230-8646

307 Flatbush Ave (at 7th Ave), Brooklyn, New York, USA, 11217

Serves meat, vegan options available. Fun Mexican restaurant that has the option for soy cheese and soy sour cream, green and brown rice (vegan), black beans, vegan burritos, tacos and nachos as well as other vegan options. Has a smoothie station and in-house-made dressings (carrot, ginger-lemon and raspberry vinaigrette).

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out, Mexican, Non-veg

First Review by vegan_ryan

Horrible service / lots of vegan options - Edit

EDITED ORIGINAL REVIEW AFTER HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

We went back a second time, and it was so bad that I'll never go again. It was busy, but not THAT busy. We were told 20 min for a table. After 45min, someone finally told us that we were next, and we got a table after 50min.

It took over 10min just to get menus, and another 15min to receive our drinks. 45min after we ordered our food / never saw our waitress again, the manager came to tell us that the kitchen was really busy, that our food was being cooked now, and it should be out really soon.

This story didn't make any sense, because we saw numerous other people arrive, sit down, order food, and get their food, all while we waited. Basically, they forgot about us, and they wouldn't admit it.

10min after our food was "being cooked right now," we got up and left. On our way out, the manager tried to offer us a $10 gift card for our bad experience. We told her to just use it for the drinks and chips & salsa we had, because we were never coming back. $10 for forgetting our order, won't admit it, and didn't even say "sorry." I would've been less upset, if they hadn't offered that, but my wasted evening is worth more than $10.

Here's my original review:
We were really amazed at how many vegan options there are at this restaurant. The waiter was very knowledgeable about what's vegan, so that made it even better.

I had a burrito, and my girlfriend had an enchilada. There are options for vegan sour cream and vegan cheese on all dishes, which is great.

It's comparable in price to other places in NYC, but the $1.50 fee for vegan cheese and $1.50 more for vegan sour cream makes it a bit more expensive than other places.

All in all, very happy with our dinner here and would like to go back sometime.

Updated from previous review on Thursday January 08, 2015

Pros: Knowledgeable of veganism, Lots of vegan options

Cons: Serves meat, AWFUL service, Super slow

Return to Brooklyn Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Burrito Bar and Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.