Bread Gap - Trziste

Trziste 371/3, Prague, Czech Republic, 118 00

Serves meat, vegan options available. Take away sandwich and salad shop (no seating). Many sandwiches and salads in a refrigerated display. All of them have listed ingredients with at least 1 vegan choice available. Plant milk option for coffee.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Western, Fast food, Take-out only, Non-veg

First Review by westrick

Few vegan options, great hummus - Edit

We went there to get a vegan sandwich but they were sold out. So we tried their hummus and a salat with lentiles which tasted very good.
Few vegan choices but you can get a coffee with soy milk and the hummus was great.

Great service and delicious quality fresh food! - Edit

I just discovered this place today and decided to try their "Sundried tomato with hummus" vegan sandwich. Usually, it is difficult to get good service as a vegan in a non-veg bistro, but the staff was extremely friendly, accommodating, and honest. Not only was I shown exactly how my sandwich was made, but I was also introduced to all the other vegan items on the menu. Not to mention the sandwich was delicious: creamy and savory filling with a perfect combination of black olives, artichoke hearts, and sun-dried tomatoes on a bed of arugula. I will definitely be coming back to try the other items on their menu!
I'd give it five stars if it was possible, but non-veg restaurants can only get a maximum rating of 4 stars, so they receive the top rating from me. :)

Best Hummus Ever! - Edit

While Bread Gap has heart-breakingly few vegan options, those options are pretty phenomenal.

1. Hummus: this is, in my opinion, the best hummus ever. Certainly the best hummus I have ever had. If you are in Prague it is certainly worth the minimal effort it takes to get to BG just for their hummus... simply fabulous! The hard pita bread they offer in addition to the hummus is not for me, though they do have some for an extra price.

2. One vegan sandwich: artichoke hearts, dried tomatoes, hummus, lettuce, bread with no crust... this is a delicious, yet very rich sandwich. I just wish they had more variety of vegan sandwiches.

3. Salad: whatever vegan salad BG has on offer it is sure to not be your average salad and come in a cut above the rest. Again, they seem to only offer one vegan salad.

4. Soy milk: BG makes brilliant coffee, so for them to have soy milk is simply fantastic! I love me some soy latte from BG!

So, BG may not have many vegan options, but the ones they do have are wonderful. The coffee and hummus are by far the best... now only if they could get rid of that hard pita and offer some fresh bread or rolls with the hummus... even some fresh veggies would suffice.

I definitely recommend visiting Bread Gap again and again. Perhaps with more vegan patronage they would increase the vegan selection. :)

Pros: Best hummus ever, Soy milk for coffee, Friendly staff

Cons: Not many vegan options, Hard pita bread for hummus, Not many vegan options

Great healthy option - Edit

So glad to find this place and get and some protein that was not another slab of fried cheese! One day I had a fresh and delicious vegan sandwich with hummus, tomato, greens and olives, a different day I came back and had a salad with garbanzo beans and fresh vegetables with a tasty dressing. They had different stuff available each time I was there, but there was always at least a few vegetarian options and usually at least one vegan option. The staff was very friendly and the food was fresh and good. This place quickly became my go-to stop for lunch when I was in that neighborhood.

I am from Berkeley and I can say that their food is not much different from what you might find in a cafe in Berkeley, just a little less expensive (at least by American standards). With the lack of atmosphere and the standard fare, I cannot give it 5 stars, however I can say that this place is a welcome oasis of freshness in a desert of pasta and cheese, and easily my top choice for this neighborhood!

Pros: fresh, good quality ingredients, friendly staff

Cons: no place to eat inside, not open for dinner

Return to Prague Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bread Gap - Trziste closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.