First Review by dharmabum

Delicious! - Edit

Stopped in the bakery after having breakfast and they told us that's where they get their bread. Cute place and the food is delicious! My non-vegan sister in law got the honey wheat bread and I treated myself to a Chunky Monkey muffin and a Pumpkin Chocolate Chip scone to go! Both were so good! Can't wait to go back and visit my niece again at Virginia Tech!

Pros: cute atmostphere, good food

delicious gluten free vegan baked goods - Edit

I am visiting the area and found out there were gluten free items available on Saturdays. So I stopped in and found some that are gluten free and vegan. So far, I have found the items I purchased to be delicious!

My first vegan bakery experience - Edit

Last year, I was a new vegan and didn't have access to baked goods. I tried a vegan peppermint fudge brownie and it was amazing! I loved that they offered a variety of vegan baked goods- it would be a treat to walk the mile and a half from my house to downtown!

Pros: Vegan baked yumminess

My favorite cafe - Edit

Bollo's is still my favorite cafe in the world. I used to live in Blacksburg and went vegan while living there. Bollo's was a godsend in Blacksburg. They are extremely vegan-friendly and offer a number of pastries each day. They also have organic and fair trade coffee. I miss Bollo's.

Pros: vegan options, great coffee, free wifi

Vegan-friendly - Edit

I love Bollo's. I'm a bit biased because a few of my friends work there. However, I'm pretty sure I would love it anyway. It is a coffee shop that sells fair trade organic coffee and breads and pastries. Often there are vegan muffins and scones. Soy milk is available on request. The food is made from scratch so you know it's going to be good - but not necessarily low-fat. Even the vegan alternatives are rich. It's definitely worth a visit, though. I've noticed that most of the customers are regulars.

Pros: vegan-friendly, fair trade, homemade

Cons: fatty, not 100% vegan

Return to Blacksburg Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bollo's Cafe and Bakery closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 798 times since Sep 2007.