Bloom Bake Shop

• Bakery Bakery
Contact 608-628-3398

1834 Parmenter St, Middleton, Wisconsin, USA, 53562

Small organic bakery offering usually 1-3 vegan options a day. Vegan and gluten-free cupcakes baked in separate area from those using dairy and eggs. Uses local and organic ingredients. Has Wi-Fi and seating. Open Tue-Sat 9:00am-7:00pm.

First Review by ali.seiter

Lots of great sweets, one tasty savory breakfast sandwich. - Edit

Their display case has one case for vegan items and one for non-vegan items, both fairly equally stocked. I did not get to try a vegan sweet, but my non-vegan partner did and he said his whoopie cookie was delicious, though he thought I would find it too sweet. The savory breakfast sandwich I ordered was hearty, tasty, and satisfying, but in the future I would probably order a sweet instead, since it seems like their wheelhouse. Their coffee is good, but nothing to go out of your way for.

Pros: something for everyone, huge display case of sweets, nice vibe

so many vegan options - Edit

Bloom makes some really unusual but delicious baked goods, and many of them are vegan! I highly recommend stopping in for a cupcake or 6.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 08, 2013

Pros: plenty of vegan options, unique treats

Cons: calories

excellent Vegan and Gluten-Free - Edit

Delicious Treats! This is my first choice bakery. I am both vegan and gluten free, and they have great choices. They are nice to work with and do lovely decorations. Our favorite cake from there is carrot cake with maple icing.

Pros: yummy, vegan & gluten free

Cons: expensive

Gem of a Vegan Bakery - Edit

We celebrated my last birthday with three flavors of cupcakes from the Bloom Bake Shop.

Be a Monkey: "We made this Banana Cupcake with real bananas and Dark Chocolate Chips then topped it with thick Chocolate Buttercream, for the monkey in all of us." Super dense with a surprising crunch from the chocolate chips, this cupcake (also gluten and soy free!) provided a satisfying mouthfeel and mild banana flavor.

Be Spiced: "Spiced Pumpkin Rum is folded into a moist batter to create a dense, sweet cake that is garnished with a Maple Cream Cheese Frosting." My dessert companions and I greatly approved of the pronounced coconut flavor complementing this lightly spiced cupcake.

Strawberry-Banana: Unfortunately, I couldn't find this flavor listed with a cute name on the website, but I can assure you of its absolute scrumptiousness. A moist cake flecked with visible bits of banana and strawberry receives a generous dollop of strawberry-swirled buttercream, topped with a finishing touch of dehydrated banana and strawberry.

Needless to say, I enjoyed every sinful moment of my birthday indulgence. But you know what? Out of all the cupcakes out there, the adorable ones from the Bloom Bake Shop score extremely low on the "feel guilty about me!" list. The bakery sources local ingredients, such as fresh fruit from Keewaydin Farms, peanut butter from Yumbutters, and freshly milled wheat from Enos Farms, as well as uses Florida Crystals organic fair-trade sugar. They also include many gluten-free menu options using brown rice, tapioca, and sorghum flours--vastly healthier than plain old refined all-purpose. But most important of all, their cupcakes encompass all the ethical sides of veganism: they obviously don't use eggs, butter, or milk from factory-farmed animals plus their local ingredients don't spawn a dirty environmental impact. On a side note, Bloom portions their cupcakes much more intelligently than those of your average supersized bakeries; three (yes, I certainly downed three mouthwatering cupcakes) small Bloom cupcakes would likely equal the size of one ginormous stereotypical American one.

See pictures and more info on the Bloom Bake Shop at my blog: http://farmersmarketvegan.wordpress.com/2011/09/15/happy-birthday-from-the-bloom-bake-shop/

Pros: Creative flavors, Very friendly staff, Gluten-free options

Cons: Too-sweet frosting, Only a couple vegan flavors each day

Return to Middleton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bloom Bake Shop closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 891 times since Dec 2010.