CLOSED: BIOFresh 1

str. Miron Costin nr.2, Timisoara, Romania

The 1st of its 2 vegetarian restaurant in the city. Dishes are prepared on the spot, made from fresh ingredients, organic condiments and spices. Uses honey in desserts and drinks, but these can be made vegan upon request. Waiters knowledgeable about veganism. Relocated from Blv.16 Decembrie Nr. 8 in 2015. Confirmed closed April 2017.

Categories: Vegan-friendly, Organic, Western, Juice bar, Beer/Wine, Take-out, European, Romanian

First Review by AdrianPaleacu

fabulous restaurant with wide choice - Edit

Great choice of raw and cooked dishes and excellent deserts. Very friendly waiters too and not too cheap but ok prices . Avocado/quinoa salad is my all time favourite :-)

Best vegan restaurant in Timisoara - Edit

This is my favorite restaurant in town. Fresh, healthy and delicious vegan food.

This restaurant is vegan except for their cakes (contain honey) and some of the drinks (contain honey), but if you are vegan you can ask them to use sugar instead of honey in the fresh drinks they make.
Most of their food is healthy (raw, backed, stewed, boiled), but they also serve some fried dishes.

Their food is always freshly made and delicious. I love their tofu rice, pasta with avocado, avocado soup, coconut soup, tomato soup, lentil soup, polenta with tofu/mushrooms, all their wraps and bruschettas.

If you have one change to eat out in Timisoara don't miss this, it has never let me down. :) And I have a lot of non vegan friends that love eating there now and then.

Pros: delicious fresh vegan food, big portions, a lot of food options, non smoking

Cons: location 10 min walk from the city cente

Wonderful, healthy food - Edit

I ate here three times. Although they have lunch specials, I could not try them because I arrived after 4PM. I had a creamy lentil dish which I mistakenly labelled as lentil soup in my photos. It was excellent. I didn't really like my raw avocado soup as I had thought it would be a cold dish but it was hot. I asked the waitress if it was the raw avocado soup and she said yes and I mentioned it was hot and she said they used hot water, so it was raw in the sense that it was under 40 degrees Celsius. It would be great if they would more clearly label which dishes are raw and cold and which are raw warm dishes. My raw chocolate coffee cake was decent as was the chocolate surprise I tried another time. On my second visit I had a lentil soup which was excellent and quinoa with vegetables which was tasty. For my third visit I had the tofu with rice, carrot soup or maybe it was pumpkin soup (I can't quite remember but it was very good). I also really liked the homemade croutons that were served with the soup.

I also tried a pineapple drink one time and another time a mango drink. I could definitely taste the pineapple and mango and both were enjoyable.

The restaurant is very big and has five rooms. I was there during the holiday season, so it may not have been as crowded as it usually is. Service was always good when I was there.

good food - Edit

Good place, nice personnel and fantastic offering. Every item on the menu is just a delight.

Pros: food, service, price

Cons: crowded

Return to Timisoara Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: BIOFresh 1 closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2089 times.