Bia Bistrot

19 Colinton Rd, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH10 5DP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small Brutsfield place utilizing produce. Regular menu is meat-based but will provide a separate vegan menu on request. Open Tue-Sat 12:00pm-2:30pm, 5:00pm-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Scottish, Non-veg

First Review by Minuvweyna

Excellent restaurant - Edit

Although Happy Cow won't allow a 5 star rating because it isn't exclusively vegan or veggie, this 4 star rating is really a five star one. The food is delicious, the atmosphere was welcoming and cosy and the staff were top notch. Our French waiter was tremendous, clearly explaining the vegan menu options (3 options for each course) as well as which wines and beers were vegan. The food was delicious throughout, all courses expertly crafted and designed for flavour that lingered long on the palette. Good value too.

Pros: Excellent food, Attentive knowleageable staff, Cosy and friendly

fantastic little restaurant - Edit

Lovely fresh food, great value for money

Pros: fresh food and good value for money, friendly and quick service, plenty of vegan/vege options

Family lunch - Edit

Second time back as food is delicious and nicely presented. The separate vegan menu is great and dishes tasty. My sister in law has just been told she has to follow a coeliacs diet and the staff made it very easy for her, explaining options.

Pros: Nice and comfortable , Very nice room downstairs for larger parties , Staff polite and friendly

Really lovely meal - Edit

Enjoyed a very nice meal at Bia Bistrot. The separate vegan menu was offered on arrival, as I had specified that one of us was vegan in our booking. The vegan menu listed 3 starters, 3 mains, 3 puddings and several side dishes. I tried the parsnip coleslaw, potato and white truffle patties and chocolate sorbet. Each dish was delicious.

My omni husband, of his own volition, chose a vegan starter and pudding - the heritage carrot poppy seed and grapefruit salad (which was a touch strong on acid but otherwise tasty) and blackcurrant and chocolate sorbet.

The atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. The music was good and not too loud. The staff were friendly and helpful.

We've booked to return for my husband's birthday in a few weeks, and I think this will be one of our go-to places.

Pros: Delicious food, Separate vegan menu, Friendly staff

Cons: Loos not handicap accessible

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bia Bistrot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.