Bia Bistrot

• Veg-friendly
Contact 01314528453

19 Colinton Rd, Edinburgh, Scotland, EH10 5DP

Serves meat, vegan options available. Small Brutsfield place utilizing produce. Regular menu is meat-based but will provide a separate vegan menu on request.

Category: Lacto, Ovo, Beer/Wine, European, Scottish, Non-veg

First Review by Minuvweyna

Really lovely meal - Edit

Enjoyed a very nice meal at Bia Bistrot. The separate vegan menu was offered on arrival, as I had specified that one of us was vegan in our booking. The vegan menu listed 3 starters, 3 mains, 3 puddings and several side dishes. I tried the parsnip coleslaw, potato and white truffle patties and chocolate sorbet. Each dish was delicious.

My omni husband, of his own volition, chose a vegan starter and pudding - the heritage carrot poppy seed and grapefruit salad (which was a touch strong on acid but otherwise tasty) and blackcurrant and chocolate sorbet.

The atmosphere was cozy and comfortable. The music was good and not too loud. The staff were friendly and helpful.

We've booked to return for my husband's birthday in a few weeks, and I think this will be one of our go-to places.

Pros: Delicious food, Separate vegan menu, Friendly staff

Cons: Loos not handicap accessible

Return to Edinburgh Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Bia Bistrot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 1576 times since May 2014.