Banh Mi Spot

413-727-3783

18 Main St, Northampton, Massachusetts, USA, 01060

Serves meat, vegan options available. A small Vietnamese restaurant with labeled vegan choices, including pho, faux meat and tofu in the dishes. Previously called Banh Mi Saigon, name change reported Feb 2017. Open Tue-Sat 11:00am-9:30pm, Sun 11:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, Take-out, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by AlishaM

Big Banh Mi - Edit

I came here for lunch a few days ago and had mixed feelings as I walked in. I was excited by the prospect of banh mi (one of my favorites!)), but I was a bit taken aback by the prices and the hipster aesthetic. I'm more used to super-cheap banh mi sandwiches (~$3) from hole-in-the-wall type places in Chinatown (Boston, NYC, Houston, etc.).

That said, when my seitan banh mi came out, I was pleasantly surprised. The sandwich was huge, like 50% bigger than a typical banh mi. The bread was awesome - crisp on the outside and super light and airy on the inside. And the filling was good too, with a good mix of savory and fresh.

So the meal was really good, and not too bad of a value given the size. But I still think it could be a bit cheaper - $10 is a lot for a sandwich of any type, especially a banh mi, and especially a vegetarian one. Maybe next time I'll try the tofu instead, which is a good deal cheaper.

Pros: Big sandwich, Great bread

Cons: Expensive

Good food but make sure to specify vegan - Edit

My husband and I got the tofu banh mi and tofu bun bowl. Fortunately he's not vegan because the sauce that came with the bowl was a fish sauce. Usually that sauce comes on the banh mi too, along with mayo, so be sure to specify vegan. But we were both satisfied with the large portion sizes and good flavor. The atmosphere leaves something to be desired but I'd eat here again for sure.

Pros: large portions, under $10, good food

Cons: decor and atmosphere

Return to Northampton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Banh Mi Spot closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.