Baagan

Contact 925-361-5470

21001 San Ramon Valley Blvd, San Ramon, California, USA, 94583

Second location, opened summer 2014. Offering quick meals with salads, sandwiches, soups, raw food and desserts, smoothies, and other vegan foods. Open Mon-Sat 8:00am-8:00pm, Sun 9:00am-8:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Indian, Juice bar, Take-out

First Review by Ajolote

AMAZING!!! - Edit

This place is AWESOME!!! So great, even if you aren't a vegan this place is amazing...but it's so nice to go to a restaurant as a vegan and know that I can order anything on the menu - and that it will be delicious every time!

Pros: awesome food, good value, beautiful location

Cons: not busy enough - vegans, go to this restaurant!!!

Healthy food; slightly pricey - Edit

If you are into healthy eating, you will like Baagan. I wouldn't necessarily recommend bringing your meat eating granny or friends here as it will hit all the vegan stereotypes that they have in their minds. I enjoyed my food but I have been vegan for ten years and can get down with crunchy veg food. My sister on the otherhand, wasn't as impressed and was even less impressed when you added the bill into it. The restaurant is huge, which gives it a kind of cold feeling but the staff was really nice, parking was easy and the food was cooked to order. I'd go back with a different crowd next time.

Pros: healthy, large menu, easy parking

Cons: pricey, atmosphere, not for everyone

Great food, slightly expensive - Edit

I have been here two days in a row now. The food is inventive and delicious. I highly recommend going here to eat. The only draw back is that the prices are slightly high for the portions they give. The menu consists of Indian fusion dishes that are outstanding.

Pros: amazing food, inventive dishes, good variety

Cons: prince, portion size

Burger + Salad = - Edit

I went to Baagan today because I just had to try it! No oil, no sugar, homemade bread? Hello!! Does it get any better?

I had the burger and the kale salad to go. The burger was amazing! I usually leave the bread on the plate and eat the rest when I order a burger, but this bread was sooo good that it melted flavorfully (is that even a word?) in my mouth. The patty was astounding and no mayo, thank God! Just a hummus schmear.

The kale salad was perfectly dressed with a sweet vinaigrette and had some strawberries and sunflower seeds. Maybe tomorrow I'll go get some smoothies.

Bring your friends, they have a very large space!

Pros: no oil, no sugar, fresh

Cons: bare bones decor

Return to San Ramon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Baagan closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2043 times since Aug 2014.