Asian Gourmet

Contact 321-255-6471

459 N Harbor City Blvd, Melbourne, Florida, USA, 32935

Serves meat, vegan options available. Will accommodate vegans upon request. Choose tofu as the "meat" option. Quick service. Casual atmosphere. Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Sat 5:00pm-9:00pm

Category: Thai, Beer/Wine, Asian, Vietnamese, Non-veg

First Review by Veg62

Best Vegan Pad Thai - Edit

This is my favorite place for Pad Thai. I love it with a mild spicy flavor and extra broccoli!! They offer tofu, which can make a nice addition to the meal.

The Vietnamese Salad is awesome!! Everything is so fresh here.

Make sure to tell them you are vegan and they will use veggie broth when preparing your meal, if necessary.

Delicious vegan food, nice servers - Edit

Since our move from California, our family of four vegans has had a hard time finding good vegan food in this area. We've been here many times in the last few months and have never been disappointed. The servers are very nice and helpful. They made the Tom Yum soup not spicy for us and offered different sauces when the usual ones were too hot. Our favorites are the summer or saigon rolls with tofu, the tofu fried rice, tofu lemongrass bun, tofu pho and pad thai with tofu when they add garlic and tamarind to the sauce.As previously mentioned in other reviews, the interior could use some tlc, but the food and staff outweigh my need for more expensive surroundings.Vegans owe it to themselves to try this place. Would give 5 cows if happycow allowed.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Great food, Very nice staff

Cons: interior could use tlc, Not open on Sunday

Is this the best Asian food in the area? - Edit

Perhaps Asian Gourmet has changed since the last review, or may be we've been to many Asian restaurants, but our group was not impressed on our recent visit. The decor is badly in need of up dating. The food was just so-so. We were embarrassed to have talked our friends into going there.

Pros: Fast Service

Cons: Grimy appearance, So-so food

A Vegan Visiting Melbourne - Edit

I live in Miami and I was visiting family in Melbourne. I am vegan and found this place using the Happy Cow App. It was a very good experience. The waitress who was very busy..took her time to explain a couple of food items and the owner was very nice and she spoke both of us about different topics after we finished our meals even though the restaurant was closed. Great place

Pros: Friendly Waitress And Owner.

Cons: Slow Service, But Only One Waitress and one Cook, Not Full Vegan/vegetarian.

Even if you're not sure about Vietnamese food, do yourself a favor and visit Maria at Asian Gourmet. This is a small, family-owned and operated restaurant that offers the most delicious, conscienciously prepared food you will ever taste. Make sure to tell the server you are vegan when you order and they will alter the sauce to ensure it's vegan.

There are very few items on the menu that she cannot make vegan. The crispy rice noodles are amazing (although it has eggs), the Bun (salad with glass noodles, sprouts, etc.) is light and delicious. If you prefer a stronger flavor and don't mind a little kick, the Vietnamese Curry and spicy Thai Salad will leave you wanting to return.

The only drawback is that they are slow. I often order, then go next door to Nature's Market to shop for groceries and return just as the food is getting to the table. But, the reason for the wait is that everything is prepared fresh, which is very much worth the wait.

I wanted to give them five cows, but the system will not let me because it's not all vegan. With that many vegan options, it definitely deserves the full five cows, so disregard the rating and consider it as five cows!

Update: 8/2013: Nature's Market no longer next door, but they have sped up their service considerably. Food is still AMAZING
Updated from previous review on Sunday July 20, 2008

Pros: Delectable Food, Warm atmosphere, Conscienciously prepared vegan

The Bomb - Edit

Maria, the owner home makes everything. Her Veggy stock for the Vegan Natalies soup is unreal!. You can choose tofu and veg with any sauce..Ginger, Curry, Lemongrass, she will not only make it vegan but gluten free if it suits your need. Vietnamese ans Thai salads are fab. Bun(salad meal with noodles and tofu), Pho(soup meal, noodles, veg, tofu) AWESOME!!

Pros: food made with love, healthy, delicious

Cons: takes a long time to get served

Delicious and Friendly - Edit

Small place next to the fish market. Smells good as soon as you walk in. Owner and employees are super friendly and warm. Food is delicious. We especially loved the curry. They ask if you're vegan and cook accordingly. I'm just in town visiting, but wish I was here long enough to take a Saturday morning cooking class. I've been here twice already and I'll probably go 2 more times before I leave Melbourne.

Pros: delicious, super friendly staff, healthy

A dining experience - Edit

I agree totally with the first review that I read back in January when I was planning our trip to Florida and looking for Vegan restaurants. We travelled from New Hampshire and after visiting the Kennedy Space Center we followed the directions on our GPS to this restaurant. What a treat. It was the best meal that I had in our 7 day trip. Maria was so attentive and treated us like family. She is such a sweet lady and an incredible cook. Her peanut sauce is the best. I didn't want to leave. I recommend this restaurant highly and my recommendation comes from experience as I cook myself and once owned a restaurant in Portsmouth, N.H. that is still in operation. I feel that I do know food and appreciate especially great food and great service. You will find both at this restaurant. Thank you Maria!

Again, my rating is really 5 cows but because it is not all veggie I couldn't choose 5.

Pros: healthy cuisine, friendly staff, good value

Return to Melbourne Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Asian Gourmet closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2294 times since Apr 2008.