Aroma Espresso Bar

n/a

1601 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, Florida, USA, 33139

Serves meat, vegan options available. Coffee shop and cafe offering a few marked vegan choices, including vegan omelette in sandwich or in a power breakfast. Has smoothies. Open Mon-Sun 7:00am-10:00pm.

Categories: Lacto, Ovo, American, Take-out, Non-veg

First Review by veganista01

Don’t let the bad reviews put you off! - Edit

My wife and I chanced going here despite the bad reviews. Looks like they have taken the negative criticism well and educated their staff.
They were incredibly polite and even complimented our tattoos!
We had a toasted vegan omelette sandwich and a vegan apple filo stick. They were both great! Not too many options but either way our breakfast was great!

Pros: friendly staff, nice outdoor seating area, quick service

Bad service, GREAT apple juice, bad food. - Edit

To start out with the highlights, they had some great little apple juices that I LOVE. Love the aesthetic of the place and the cashier was nice but not knowledgable. My lady and I ordered two, “vegan omelette sandwiches” he said we don’t have vegan here with a vegan sign to the right of the register. I ordered the red and white drink (can’t think of the name) to the right of the counter, the “vegan smoothie” and wasn’t a fan. Last straw for me was when not only did they put regular milk inside of my almond milk, but I double checked with the waiter and he said it was almond milk, and it ended up being regular milk. Thanks for having vegan options but will not give them my business again.

Pros: vegan options

Not worth your time! - Edit

While standing in line looking at the menu, I noticed two vegan items- the vegan omelette, and a vegan apple pastry. The digital screen behind the cashiers advertised the vegan omelette, and a vegan power breakfast (that comes with vegan bread and some sides).

I get up the front and ask what vegan items they offer. *Blank stare* I mention the two items on the screen, notably the vegan power breakfast. *Blank stare* "We don't offer that." "But it's on the screen literally right behind you," I said.

I wasn't getting anywhere, so I decided to go with the vegan omelette. Cashier asks what kind of bread I'd like. "Which of the breads are vegan?" *Blank stare* "We don't have any breads that are vegan. We have one that's gluten-free." (gee, how helpful!) I ask if another employee knows.

The manager (apparently) comes over, tells me that none of the breads are vegan (ok, so a vegan entree comes with non-vegan bread?) and dismissively says that no one has ever questioned him so much, and he's very busy.

Wow, that is so rude!

Updated from previous review on 2017-05-21

Pros: none

Cons: false advertising, staff is rude and lacks knowledge of vegan items

it was ok - Edit

They only offer 2 vegan items on the menu from what I saw: a chickpea omelette sandwich and sweet potato soup. The chickpea omelette tasted more like a pancake than an omelette. It was just ok, won't be returning.

Return to Miami Beach Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aroma Espresso Bar closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.