Argo on the Square

Contact 08-82412223

Shop 4, 211 Victoria Square, Adelaide, South Australia, 5000

Serves meat, vegan options available. Trendy breakfast and brunch place offering a large menu with a list of vegan breakfast items, which include a breakfast burrito, vegan waffles, muesli bowl, acai, and tofu scramble. Open Mon-Fri 7:00am-5:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Lacto, Ovo, American, Western, Juice bar, Australian, Non-veg

First Review by AaronTimo

Friendly and considerate - Edit

Apart from the menu options, which are quite varied and generous, they have always been willing to make custom orders for me. I have been able to sit in and eat with non-vegans without any issues, and they also allowed wrapping up the leftovers to take away. The staff are all very friendly and professional and if you are a regular they will quickly know your name and order. Around lunchtime it can be a bit hard to get a seat or hear if you are there, because they get very busy. They are also wheelchair and disability friendly.

Pros: friendly staff, generous portions, accessible

Cons: noisy

Good vegan range - Edit

The prices might be on the higher side for lunch, but I think the food is worth the money. I usually get one of the vegan salads and they are enormous, tasty and well balanced. Vegan options are all clearly labelled on the menu. They do soy coffee well also.

Great food - Edit

I came here when I was visiting Adelaide and it was a great choice. The food was delicious and there was a lot to choose from. I couldn't go past the waffles, which were delicious, and my dining buddy had a vegan yoghurt bowl which was also great. The drinks were fantastic and very vegan friendly. The location was great as well. I'd definitely recommend.

Pros: Great food, Lots of vegan options, Good location

Healthy food and great desserts - Edit

There is only about one vegan option in each lunch category - wraps, burgers, salads etc - but it you eat eggs and cheese, there are quite a few more choices available.

I'm vegan, so I've tried all the vegan items (as there are only three or four of them on quite a large menu) apart from the salads, which are exxy. And everything I have tried is great, so I always enjoy eating here.

The food is tasty as well as healthy, and I leave feeling satisfied. I just wish there were more vegan options, as after a while it could get boring rotating between the same three or four dishes.

If you have a sweet tooth, you will love this place. Most of the sweets appear to be vegan, so on the dessert front at least, there is lots of choice. The coffee can be a bit hit and miss, but most of the time it's a hit.

Pros: great central location, lots of vegan desserts, fresh and healthy food

Cons: few vegan choices

Lots of vegan options - Edit

I had some beautiful vegan waffles with ice-cream, but it was a tough choice between the acai bowl, breakfast burrito and scrambled tofu. Really delicious food. Efficient service and nice surrounds. The coffee was surprisingly disappointing, but not bad enough to keep me away.

Pros: Lots to choose from, Tasty, Centrally located

Cons: Coffee

Return to Adelaide Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Argo on the Square closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.