Annalakshmi - Central Square

Contact 63399993

20 Havelock Rd 01-04 Central Square, Central Singapore, Singapore, 059765

Annalakshmi is an Indian vegetarian restaurant founded in Singapore in 1986. The food is cooked and served by volunteers. The traditional Indian vegetarian cuisine is simply presented in a buffet spread and there is no fixed price for the food. The guests pay any amount as he/she wishes. The concept is "Eat What You Want, Give What You Feel, We Believe in You, We Trust You." Nearest MRT station: Clarke Quay (Exit B) or Chinatown (Exit E). Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, Tue-Sun 6:00pm-10:00pm.

Category: Lacto, Indian, Buffet

First Review by Pascal_HK

Spicy buffet - Edit

One of the first pure veg Indian restauranta in Singapore I have found without ghee everywhere.
Warmly welcomed to a very busy buffet restaurant, o was on here on Friday night and the place was heaving. This of course meant the food was fresh and changed frequently.
A large selection of curry dishes served in a thali style tray from the buffet. O ghinknibhad about five different curries all tasting different and varying in spice and heat. Two to three rice choices and a limited amount of bread.
A selection of fruit for dessert if required, however I didnt manage.
A pay as feel policy is in operation and the staff were discreet with this.
A great evening option close to central.

Pros: Choice , Staff, Spicy food

delicious, sumptuous indian buffet spread - Edit

what a sumptuous buffet spread! every dish was differently flavourful and for an hour or so i was transported to another land amidst the luxuriously decorated hall and hypnotic music.

although trays were labelled, some only had their indian names which might not help if you're not too familiar with indian food. nevertheless, staff were friendly and readily answered questions, with customers chipping in as well.

drinks such as lassi are not on display and can be ordered.

it's best to make a reservation. when we went at 6.30 pm on friday, there were only two other couples, but larger groups of diners started to trickle in within the hour. most were ethnic indians, which to me is a good indicator of how authentic the place is.

highly recommended. i'd go back with omnivorous friends to show them how delicious and satiating veggie food can be.

Pros: delicious, wide range of buffet choices, nice setting

Nice buffet - Edit

Went there yesterday, on a Saturday afternoon. First I though it was closed, as this area is pretty empty at noon during the WE. So I was surprised when I entered the restaurant, to find a large and nice room, very well decorated, almost full, mainly with Indian families.The staff was very nice. They asked me if I had made a reservation. I did not. So I sat with another Indian on a business trip from Bangalore. Good way to meet people. We had an interesting talk about France, India and Singapore. What about the food? Good. Large choice of different dishes. Went twice to refill my plate. Can order a drink as well. Pay as you wish (I gave 20 which I find fair). I'll come again!

For the location, you'll easily find Central Square on Havelock road. Then it is wihtin the square, but from outside - i.e. NOT directly on Havelock rd and NOT inside the commercial centre. You'll find it.

Pros: Food, Room & staff, Concept of pay as you wish

Cons: Not clearly indicated what is vegan, Location (unless u live around like me)

Return to Central Singapore Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Annalakshmi - Central Square closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.