Ananda's Vegetarian Restaurant

Contact 0216628081

Jl Pluit Karang Timur Blok O-8 no. 57-58, Muara Karang, Java, Indonesia, 14450

Specialties include silken tofu with shimeji mushroom sauce, tomyam fried rice, stir fried chicken with chili (very spicy). Has buffet every 1st and 15th day of lunar calendar (better check with the restaurant first to confirm the date). Also sells vegetarian goods. Has Wi-Fi. Open Mon-Sun 9:00am-9:30pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Thai, Buffet, Indonesian

First Review by Penny89

Lovely people, delicious meal - Edit

We were treated extremely well here by the owner's mother-in-law who helped us choose a delicious assortment of vegan food, and who very generously treated us to free dessert and a bag of snacks to go. She is a very lovely lady and we enjoyed meeting her as much as we enjoyed the wonderful food. What an amazing experience!

Pros: Very kind staff, Lots of vegan options, Tasty food

Great vegan food, lots of varieties, decent price - Edit

I've been here for several times. Although their main dishes are Chinese, but they also have Indonesian and some Thai's dishes. Some of my favourites are Ikan Bumbu Bali (Fish with Balinese spices), Ayam Garang Rawit (Chicken cooked with very spicy chilli), and Tahu Saus Jamur (Silken tofu with mushroom sauce, served with green vegetables underneath).

The staff told me that their dishes are made from soybean and mushroom. They use the mix of local and imported goods. They told me Indian people also like to come here as their oil doesn't contain Omega 3. As for the portion, most of the main dishes have 3 sizes (Small, Medium, Large). They also sell a lot of Vegetarian and Vegan snacks and spices (crackers, biscuits, noodles, etc).

Overall, I think Ananda's have great food with lots of varieties which come with decent price.
Updated from previous review on Sunday September 07, 2014

Pros: Lots of varieties, Great food

Return to Java Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Ananda's Vegetarian Restaurant closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.