Amazing Kitchen

Contact +852-23091833

G/F, 110 Fa Yuen St, Kowloon, Hong Kong, China,

香積廚素食館, at 旺角花園街110號地下, is a vegan-friendly restaurant that seats 35. Nearest MTR Mong Kok exits either of B2 or D2. Open Mon-Sun 11:00am-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan-friendly, Chinese, Take-out

First Review by adisbladis

Our Favorite! - Edit

They opened the restaurant for us during a typhoon when everything else in the area was closed. Very nice folks, though we communicated mostly through pantomime. The food was tastier (had flavor, spices) than the other vegetarian food we had in HK. We came back twice and enjoyed the food both times. The menu listings seemed to be a suggestion, as we received slightly different ingredients than what the menu showed each time. (The first time we chalked it up to the typhoon. The second time, we weren't so sure.)

Pros: Nice people , Flavorful food

Cons: Ingredient substitutions

amazing kitchen - Edit

happened to be in mong kok on a sunday, and noticed that amazing kitchen was offering a lunch set of rice and two helpings of veg for less than hkd40 (will update the exact price when i next walk past).

it didn't come with soup and there was no choice of veggies, but few other eateries have such lunch deals on weekends except perhaps kam heung in fortress hill. it's nothing fancy and not something i'd deliberately come back for, this lunch set, but was enough to fill the belly. would recommend it if you're on a budget.

to order the lunch set, show/say this: “兩餸飯” (leung soong farn). the lady serving wasn't chinese but seemed to understand chinese better than english.

Updated from previous review on 2016-07-18

Pros: cheap by hk standards (esp on weekends), fast food

Cons: no soup, no choice of veggies for lunch sets on sunday

Amazing kitchen really is amazing! - Edit

It's not easy finding good vegetarian food in China, not to mention vegan food, but this place had it all!

Mock meats, soups, noodles, rice and such a HUGE variety of vegetables, some of which I've never even seen in my life, and they were so good!

Probably the best vegan place in Hong Kong for such a low price and nice service.

Pros: Delicious, Good value for money, Extremely high variety

Large portions, quick food - Edit

Despite being a little unkempt this street-style restaurant serves large hearty, delicious meals. A true delicacy is the sweet and sour mushroom pork. The mince tofu and char siu dishes weren't bad either, and you get a large serving of rice for some dishes. It was more expensive than I expected but that being said it was still a lot cheaper than most vegan/vegetarian places. At lunchtimes the shop does get crowded so don't be surprised if you have to share a table with strangers. Also, if you're a hygiene freak, don't use the bathroom...

Pros: Tasty meals, not too pricey, Quick food

Cons: Limited English menu (the Chinese menu has more di, A bit dirty, Some dishes are quite salty

Amazing Kitchen, Hong Kong - Edit

I rocked up here last night as part of a group of 12 with the Meat Free Hong Kong meetup group. It was very good, the dishes we shared were all tasty, the service pleasant and with it working out at 105 hkd per person they gave us great value for money.

Updated from previous review on Sunday January 18, 2015

I spun up here earlier today in the company of a native Cantonese speaker. At the time the listing on happycow had this place listed as vegan. My Cantonese speaking accompaniment asked if they used any eggs, milk or honey. The answer given was no eggs nor honey but they do add condensed milk to a few of the dishes.

Pros: Vegan friendly, Decent value

Great food at a great price - Edit

I got a bit overwhelmed by the fully vegan 4+ pages menu (in english) consisting of vegetable, tofu and mock meat dishes.

I decided on the mapo tofu in spicy sauce with rice (36HKD) and was not dissapointed!
Although it wasn't as spicy as I expected it was still very tasty and well made. And the rice wasn't just the usual plain white steamed rice that you get in most places.

When I tried to tip the very friendly staff turned it down and when I still insisted they put it in the donation box.
Tea was also included in the price.

All in all a very nice fully vegan chinese place.
I know where I'm going for lunch tomorrow :>

Return to Kowloon Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Amazing Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.