Aenon The Health Kitchen

03-92010972

1, Jalan 4/93, Taman Miharja, Cheras, Malaysia, 55200

Vegan restaurant using less salt and oil and no added MSG. Open Mon-Fri 11:00am-3:00pm, Mon-Thu 6:00pm-9:00pm, Sun 11:00am-3:00pm, 6:00pm-9:00pm.

Categories: Vegan, International, Western, Juice bar, Take-out, Asian, Malaysian

First Review by JohnColeman

Excellent and Delicious Healthy Vegan Food - Edit

Amazing Restaurant! This food is not only delicious and extremely healthy, but is served in an inviting environment with pleasant and helpful staff. By Western standards, this food is an amazing bargain!!

Pros: Delicious and healthy Food In Nice Environment , Warm and Helpful Staff; Reasonable Prices, Pleasant and Healthy

Now with an all vegan menu! - Edit

My favourite dish amongst everything I tried were the 3 types of inari (i.e., dumpling inari, quinoa tuna inari, chicken rice inari)..

----Roasted Chicken Rice----
This had a somewhat similar taste and texture to the original chicken rice which uses real meat. However, I would have preferred if the vegan "chicken" meat had a more chewy/meaty texture rather than a gummy texture. Perfectionism is impossible to achieve and taste is subjective though. I'm not kvetching at all. I relished all that I victualed! Moreover, vegan chicken rice tastes so much better compared to regular chicken rice as regular chicken rice has bones and blood and all that stuff. Vegan chicken rice is also far more healthier compared to regular chicken rice. (Just a fact for those of you who are health conscious lol)

----Veggie Delight Burger----
This was the only dish I had that looked better than it actually tasted but that's not necessarily an abysmal thing though. The mayonnaise/white sauce in the burger didn't bring out the flavours of the burger and was rather insipid. It tasted alright but not prodigiously exceptional. It lacks the chewy texture and piquant flavour hence not really being able to achieve umami while eating this. However, no dish can be perfect and taste preference is subjective. It would be inequitable to compare this vegan burger to a vegan burger that was prepared using a more insalubrious method such as deep frying the burger patty or using soy patties which are highly processed. So considering the fact that this burger was prepared for the health conscious person in mind rather than the antithetical that seeks only taste, I would say this burger was splendid! :)

----Wholemeal Dumpling Soup----
Can't go wrong with dumplings and green leafy vegetables in hot soup!
What I liked about this soup is that it didn't taste artificial like it would in some restaurants. For example, compare buying freshly baked bread from a bakery and buying bread that is packaged and has preservatives. Get what I mean?

----Oats Waffle----
Tasted akin to regular waffles except this one was more crunchy and grainy while I was masticating it. Also came with sprinkled nuts on top. (I forgot what nuts was it. I think it was almond) ~ Really enjoyed it though!

----Quinoa Tuna Inari----
This smelt and tasted almost indistinguishable from real tuna. This is definitely a must try if you miss the taste of tuna but don't want to actually consume the real tuna.

In conclusion, this restaurant definitely met my high expectations. I've been to many vegan and vegetarian restaurants all around Malaysia and this would be one of my top favourites because they did manage to offer a wholesome and healthy menu while not compromising on taste. I do appreciate all types of vegan restaurants. There are 2 categories of vegan restaurants the way I see it. The first type being the vegan restaurant that focuses on serving healthy cuisine (i.e., no deep frying, organic, low fat etc etc) and the second type of vegan restaurant being one that has a fast food concept (i.e., takeaway, deep fried, focusing more towards taste rather than health etc etc). Personally I am a junk food vegan so I'm fine with eating healthy & wholesome vegan food and also eating vegan junk food. This restaurant did a good job at finding a good balance of both. I admire that. Furthermore, the staffs here were very welcoming and friendly and I had a good conversation with them. I don't usually engage in conversations with people in real life but one staff here that goes by the name of Jessica was so friendly and we enjoyed talking to her. I also met another fellow vegan whom I usually see at other vegan restaurants and we started talking today as well. This restaurant gives me good vibes which I really do appreciate. Every restaurant should be like this where people can come together and enjoy cruelty-free cuisine in a comfortable and welcoming environment. I will definitely return to this restaurant to try more of their delicious vegan food!

Updated from previous review on 2017-07-07

Pros: They recently turned their menu fully vegan , Wholesome and delicious food , Friendly staff

surprisingly excellent - Edit

A clean and modern establishment with an impressive menu and very efficient service.

Food is tasty, well presented with attention to detail and quality ingredients. The menu contains some novel dishes, making it tempting to order more than one needs to eat.

Highly recommend, don't miss this one.

Pros: modern venue, excellent food with healthy options, fast service

Cons: not cheap, not 100% vegan menu

Return to Cheras Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Aenon The Health Kitchen closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 2093 times.