CLOSED: A Requinha - Food Trailer

Portas do Mar (at Portas da Cidade), Ponta Delgada, Portugal

Food trailer parked at Portas do Mar serves traditional and fusion vegan food, drinks, and ice cream. Uses mainly local organic fruits and vegetables. At the city center, in front of Portas da Cidade next to other trailers, you could sit on the dock or on the fruit box terrace. Uses disposables that are biodegradable. Confirmed closed, Apr 2017. Closed Tue.

Categories: Vegan, Organic, Western, Fast food, Fusion, Take-out only

First Review by pask215

Great Vegan Food Truck - Edit

Very cute food truck on the boardwalk in Ponta Delgada serving delicious vegan food. We had a delicious fava bean falafel (an azorean twist on traditional falafel) with fresh blended pineapple juice. The falafel was truly unique made out of a homeade corn tortilla-like bread and a mix of vegetables. They only served one dish when we went but during the summer season there might be more of a selection. It was also enjoyable speaking to the friendly owners.
Worth noting that during the winter they are not open every day.

Pros: Good value, Excellent Food, Friendly Staff

Cons: Limited seating, Limited menu

Friendly staff but took too long - Edit

Unfortunately my experience in "A Requinha" wasn't the best.

First, their page here on Happy Cow is wrong about the time they open. I'm not sure if it is temporary but I asked on their facebook page and they usually open at 19h. I would say don't arrive before 20h30, 21h as I arrived right on time but still waited a long time for it to open, and even when it did open, the food took a long time to be ready. There was only one worker at the food trailer, so that might have slowed things down.

The girl who was working there was really friendly and offered some grapes for us to snack on while we waited for the food.

At that time there was only one dish available, their "Favafel". It was good but had too much onion for me. The natural juices were also pretty good. I did find what we ordered quite expensive though.

This place has very good reviews on their facebook page so I guess I was just unlucky when I went there.

Pros: Friendly staff, Nice setting

Cons: Very slow, Small portions for their price

eee135 08 Oct 2016 - After eating at A Requinha tonight I must disagree with the claim that the food is expensive. 4 Euros for delicious falafel dish made with high quality fresh ingredients and bread made on-the-spot seems reasonable.
Regarding the hours, the owners told me that there aren't fixed hours yet so that may be the reason for you having to wait.

Lovely project, delicious food - Edit

Had a very delicious vegan falafel there (especially loved the recipes for the self-made bread and the Azorean hummus) and a freshly made banana/melon juice. The two owners of the trailer have just started their organic project, it was nice talking to them. Their place is easy to find, but - as they told me - right now they might not always be open from 12 to 12. They might just start a bit later during the day, as they're still experimenting a bit. Hope they're successful, as the food and the atmosphere are amazing and they take their time to prepare a nice "slow food" in hectic times.

Return to Ponta Delgada Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: A Requinha - Food Trailer closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.