CLOSED: A Full Plate Cafe

• Veg-friendly

Contact 215-627-4068

1009 N Bodine St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA, 19123

Serves meat, vegan options available. American food with a Southern flare. 14 vegetarian sides including vegan mac and cheese, fried pickles, veggie burgers, and weekend brunch menu with vegetarian sausage biscuits with gravy, granola crusted vegan french toast. SHUT DOWN LATE DEC 2012.

Category: Vegan-friendly, American, Southern, Non-veg

First Review by Liam Wilson

Nice, but wouldn't go out of my way to dine again - Edit

Went with my bff last week. It was a dreary freezing cold day and the restaurant didn't help shield us from it too much. However, the hostess was very warm and welcoming. Vegan mac and cheese was a bit dry for my liking, but worth a try. Tried fried pickles for the first time which were nice but the crust just kept falling off them. Veg reuben was really nicely done! I split it with my companion who had the veggie pulled "pork". Blech, reminded me of dog food. I would go again in the summer so I can have iced tea in their cute mason jars.

Pros: friendly staff, good size portions

Cons: cold temp

Full plate , full belly - Edit

I have been a faithful customer of.Full plate for several years .I started out vegetarian but 2 1/2 years ago became vegan .with the help of this restaurant I am able to go out on the weekends and have a delicious breakfast .the atmosphere of the restaurant is amazing . I turned a lot of my family and friends on to it as well . Love the food , love the owners ,love the help

Pros: Great portions, Great atmosphere, Vegan friendly

Vegan Secret Spots on Liberties Walk - Edit

Nestled in an up-and-coming niche between Northern Liberties and Fishtown, a block off the Piazza at Liberties Walk lies A Full Plate. Breakfasty-brunchy meals are really where this place shines for vegans. In my opinion, they have the best tofu scramble dish in the whole city and the granola crusted french toast is pretty damn tasty too.
I've only had dinner there once and I was pleasantly surprised at how vegan friendly (and pretty healthy) our meal turned out to be.
Across the street is Home Slice and if I'm not mistaken there's some shared ownership or association with A Full Plate...(am I wrong?)...Anyway, Home Slice has some almond-cheese vegan pizza, and I think they may also have local vegan (coconut milk) ice cream by the pint.

Return to Philadelphia Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has CLOSED: A Full Plate Cafe closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 233 times since Sep 2009.