Our community is powered by caring people everywhere who are dedicated to promoting a compassionate, sustainable, healthy lifestyle. More than a guide to restaurants and health food stores, HappyCow is your one-stop resource for everything VEG.
New Veggie Blogs
Cow members write about travel and food, life and history. Read the latest:
* Dayna recounts the date that made her vegan.
* John shares a 1897 sketch asking if animals suffer; a 1914 postcard showing early activism for the benefit of animals; and on 1940s veg-related activities in London.
* Korie is impressed by a vegetarian buffet in Berrima; tries ramen with vegan egg in Los Angeles.
* In Santa Monica, Tricia reviews a mostly raw cafe and a new vegan kitchen & bar.
* Here's a vegan talking about the potential of biotechnology.
* Kathryn discusses the Mediterranean way and the WHO findings on meat.
* Vicki shares a game day sofritos dish.
* Wendy recommends the book, Proteinholic.
* Raquel explains veganism using ancient Greek philosophy.
A New Kind of Medical Clinic
The Barnard Medical Center, which opened this month in Washington DC, provides care with focus on prevention and 100% plant-based nutrition. Dr. Barnard is a longtime vegan who uses HappyCow whenever he travels. In our interview, he prescribes superfoods for the brain.
Our global dining guide features user-contributed content, from restaurant/store listings to reviews and food photos. Please continue to email us your finds (change of menu, hours, location). Tell us about new openings or recent closures.
* Kudos to HappyCow Ambassadors for promoting compassionate dining. By keeping current the restaurant listings in your cities, you help travelers & locals alike find reliable VEG food, all the while sending more diners to veg eateries which helps the businesses thrive!
We give thanks to SuperCow Ambassadors Jimmy in Singapore, Jon in Toulouse, and Karla in Melbourne.
* And we acknowledge the contributions by Paolla in Sao Paulo, Amy in Amsterdam, and Yari in Turin.