Purezza

Contact 01273945055

12 St James St, Brighton, England, BN2 1RE

Raw food and pizza restaurant, offering a range of starters, pizza, salads, desserts, wine, beer, and coffee. All items on the menu are vegan and available gluten-free. Est. 2015. Open Mon-Thu 11:00am-10:00pm, Fri-Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Pizza, Italian, Raw, Western, Fast food, Beer/Wine, Take-out, Bakery

First Review by Betty13

Out of this world pizza! - Edit

Such a lovely place to eat, the staff were really friendly and helpful. Amazing choice in the menu and the most delicious ice cream I've ever tasted! Fab for families too as it's a very relaxed atmosphere.

food served cold - Edit

After a long wait, what was assumed to be a warm cooked dish was served cold. Never expect roast potatoes to be served cold! When I complained, the waiter said "but it's been cooked - and then cooled". Thanks, so that's why I was kept waiting.

Pros: time to ponder

Cons: cold food - menu misleads, unfriendly

purezza 17 Jan 2017 - Dear Rex,

The plate ordered was a potato salad, it is meant to be served cold. Apologies if this was not clear. Hope to see you soon, we have plenty of hot dishes too.

Purezza

One of the best vegan pizzas in UK - Edit

We loved this place for perfect vegan Italian food that tasted very true to "traditional " Italian grub. They do pizzas, pasta, dessert, salad and even raw vegan food options too. Almost every item on the food menu can be made gluten free and the GF pizza base was one of the best I've had. So tasty and delicious, will definitely go back if we are in Brighton again! They even do a vegan gluten free chocolate spread calzone!!

Pros: 100 percent vegan, Most menu can be made gluten free , Reasonably priced

Excellent totally dairy free - Edit

Visited December 2016 in the evening. Plainly decorated, maybe a little sparse really. However, food is the real deal, with no dairy to be found anywhere! Super tasty pizza dough with a good range of unusual toppings. Bowls of raw salads have nice textures, colours and tastes (leek and red pepper creams being my favourites). Complimented by small range of beers and wines. Very reasonable prices. Rather slow to serve, considering it's a small restaurant. However, a very good vegan experience, recommended.

Pros: Totally non dairy, Tasty, freshly made food, Friendly staff

Cons: Slow service, Simple decor

Great pizzas - Edit

Great pizzas that go from 8£ to 12£. The staff is extremely friendly and always happy to explain anything or give any suggestions.
There are gluten free options such as GF pizzas, a raw vegan cheese table and some other staff.
Definitely worth a visit!

Pros: Delicious, Big variety, Very friendly staff

MAC. &. CHEESE. - Edit

Best mac and cheese I have had in my entire life - and it's VEGAN?!!

I got it as take out, good portion, amazing cheese (best vegan cheese I've had), perfect balance in the sauce, so flavourful, and there is even vegan pancetta pieces that taste so much like the real deal that it honestly freaked me out! You have to try this it is a must!

The actual restaurant is a sophisticated and contemporary theme in a great location, the team there are so friendly and I could not fault it. Mac and cheese was a bit pricey at £11 but it was so so worth it!

Pros: Mac and cheese, So flavourful, Lovely atmosphere and design

Cons: Pasta is a bit pricey

By far the best! - Edit

This place has to be the best restaurant I have ever been to.
We brought our puppy along and they cared for his hydration and offered him snacks!
The place looks lovely and isn't hard to find!

They cook authentic italian food and it was amazing.
I brought my non-vegan boyfriend with me and he was absolutely amazed, too! We both took extras home.

We had a calzone and a pizza, bruscetta befor and a few delicious scoops of icecream after!

The staff was more than friendly and whitty and we really loved the visit!

Pros: extremely friendly staff, authentic italian food, cheap and not hard to reach

Soli K. Sevani 16 Nov 2016 - https://www.instagram.com/p/BKB-J73haWH/?taken-by=sherlockksevani

Best Vegan Pizza! - Edit

This place was simply amazing! It has a nice interior and a convenient location, close to the centre and the beach.
We were served by a very friendly Irish waiter and our food arrived in good time.
I ordered a Pesto with cherry tomatoes, pine nuts, red onions, spinach and pesto, while my girlfriend ordered the Quattro Stagioni with artichokes, olives, mushrooms and salami. We both highly enjoyed them, and the mozzarella cheese was perfect! The pizzas were big enough that we could just about finish them, although we were still tempted by their great looking desserts.
It's not too big so we are very happy we reserved a table. They place nice music that adds to the overall wonderful ambience. A must-visit in Brighton.

Pros: Amazing pizza, Nice staff, Great variety

Probably the quickest pizza in town - Edit

Purezza in a neat Italian restaurant on St James Street, which provides tasteful food throughout the day. It's sedate decor and causal atmosphere makes it lovely; everything was clean, too.
I ate there two times, taking each time a pizza and once a starter and once a dessert. The order was ready very quickly both times. The pizzas were very good, yet not amazing. You get a pizza knife and a wooden board instead of a plate, which actually was amazing. The vegan cheese was quite good, one of the better ones.
The chocolate calzone for dessert wasn't my cup of tea: Pizza bread with some hazelnut chocolate spread inside (baked). Rather dull in my opinion. You can choose two different sizes, but the small one is already huge.
Pricewise you'll get a good deal with regard to food. The special pizzas and canned beverages are a bit pricey though.
Apart from pizza, if you like raw food or look for gluten free options you'll quite satisfied with the menu.
All told I enjoyed my meals at Purezza. Surely a gain for Brighton.

Pros: good food, clean and inviting, quick service

Cons: disappointing dessert, a wee bit too expensive, a bit odd: Italian restaurant without pasta

Perfect pizza place - Edit

Not a bad thing to say about this place. Staff, food, atmosphere, price, location, everything was spot on. We were served by two ladies Martina and Sophie, who were awesome. They made some great recommendations for us, and were so happy to help. It's nice to go to restaurant and be well looked after.
The food is phenomenal, the four cheese vegan pizza is by far the best pizza I've ever had, there are so many options to choose from. Also, the bruschetta starter was yummy.
Please go and try this place for yourself, you won't be disappointed

Pros: everything

great pizza! - Edit

Went here with my boyfriend. He had the barbecue and I had a "pepperoni" and added some smoked tofu. Was really nice, there was some vegan cheese on mine which was light enough to taste but not too heavy. My boyfriend loved his too with the barbecue sauce.
Lots of choices and the pizzas were rather large too!

Pros: central , all vegan pizzas! , tasty

£3.50 for cheese stuffed crust. WORTH IT!! - Edit

This has the most amazing range of pizzas and will need to go back again. So much choice, I thought I'd put the menu pages on here, for just incase you can choose before you go in. I personally think everything is reasonably priced, as you get a lot of topping and it's very filling. Only small problem was I think my cheesecake was still partly frozen, but I ate it and it still tasted nice. Place is very clean and staff are friendly.

Pros: Choices, Stuffed crust, Near the beach and city centre

Out of this world - Edit

The food is so good, been here twice, the first time for pizza, second time for salad, staff told me about a new menu which sounds incredible. Purezza... please can I move in??!

Pros: Good ambience , Lovely staff, Central location

Cons: I live too far away

Best pizza in town, vegan or otherwise. - Edit

This place is incredible. The menu is ridiculous with so much choice. I have tried at least 10 different pizza's now and they have all been winners. I have even taken many non-vegans and they have all been very impressed.

Another 5 stars from me!!! - Edit

At first, I didn't know that I was going to a vegan place for lunch until i saw the menu. You got me fooled! lol
UK's first 100% vegan pizzeria!!! What else could you ask for.
To be honest this is my first time too having a vegan pizza in a 100% vegan place. How amazing is that!!!
Food is excellent (have options other than pizza), staff helpful, nice ambiance, etc...
My advise, come or else it will be a big regret to you!!!
Definitely a place for HC 5 stars Excellent Reviews.

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, nice vibe

Cons: limited parking space

not just pizzas ! - Edit

Excellent for all but especially vegans . So many choices, but I love the Funghi. It is also open in the evening which is a bonus. If I lived in
Brighton I would be there every week !

Pros: completely vegan !

Best vegan pizza ever. - Edit

I've had a lot of vegan pizza in my time. It's one of my favourite foods and whenever I see an opportunity for vegan pizza I'm on it. The pizza at Purezza is honestly the best I've ever had.

I went here with a few friends so was lucky enough to try 3 different pizzas - a smoky BBQ pizza with tofu, seitan salami and cheese, which we also added a cheesy stuffed crust to, the caviar with seaweed, capers, spinach and olives, and the spartana, which had an asparagus base, an assortment of nuts, aubergine and three types of mushroom. I'd have to say the spartana pizza was the best one, although it is a very hard choice as they were all so good.

They also do calzone desserts, brownies, and an assortment of vegan crossiants. I had a stuffed raspberry one while my boyfriend had the brownie, and they were both total bangers. The food here is so good, if you're in Brighton and have the choice of eating at only one restaurant, this is it.

Pros: Beautiful pizza, Vegan croissants!, Cheesy stuffed crust!!!

Excellent vegan pizza place - Edit

Try it! It's a lot more than your favorite Italian pizzeria doing a pizza without cheese!
It's actually the first place that could provide a convincing vegan alternative to cheese

Pros: Excellent pizza, Friendly and comfortable, Inexpensive and quick

Vegan Heaven - Edit

“Beautiful, Vegan Pizza & Ice cream”

Purezza - Amazing and Friendly, Clean and Welcoming. We had the best meal I have ever had the pleasure of paying for! Many Pizza toppings to choose from and everything on the menu is Vegan - hurrah! Martina the waitress was lovely, together with all of the staff. (and I got to practice my 'Italian' conversation, too)
Inside the Restaurant is lovely and clean and fresh and modern, (looks like Ikea furniture), each pizza is served with an individual 'wheel' to cut the slices and they allowed us to bring our dog in to enjoy the meal, too - which was a real treat as we thought we would have to get a take-away. (and they supplied a bowl for doggy to drink from)
They serve Hot Chocolate with marshmallows - delicious and heavenly and tea and coffee and soft drinks and Brighton Bier which is brewed locally and is Vegan.
They have Gluten free options too, I cannot think of anyone who could not eat here. On our 2nd trip to 'Purezza' we had a take-away to take back home - amazing - big tubs of Vegan Ice cream and they supply really long handled big rubbery spoons to eat this with and little individual cartons to share this into. Each tub serves at least four people.
I have one Vegan Purezza Pizza in the fridge to eat for tea tonight - it's the Pesto option - (any toppings can be exchanged for different ones).
Will definitely go back as soon as possible!
If you go to Brighton - go to Purezza - It's the best eating experience,
Clean tables, clean cutlery and plates and clean chairs and floors.
On the way to the 'Ladies' I saw the clean kitchens (and the toilet is clean, too!)

Visited June 2016

Pros: Vegan, Clean, Dog Friendly

All Vegan Pizza Heaven - Edit

I love the menu here, made with their own blend of vegan cheese and with a fantastic array of toppings, Purezza is the future for plant based pizzas. Their 'cheesy' garlic bread is superb and with housemade seitan salami and fresh ingredients, their passion for making great vegan food really shines through. With a relaxed vibe, a cheery interior and really friendly servers, i cant stay away! Im working my way through their extensive menu and current favourites are the Hawaiana and the Quattro Stagioni.

Pros: all vegan pizzas, vegan cheese, superb value for money

Contributions +1073

Best Vegan Pizza Ever - Edit

Myself and my wife recently visited Brighton over Easter and after reading some rave reviews online decided to book at Purezza. We were not disappointed. Quiet simply the best Vegan Pizza ever. We got the spartana pizza, as we were curious to sample the asparagus base and also the fumosa pizza with its smoky BBQ and tomato base and seitan salami topping. The menu choice is outstanding, I only wish we could have sampled more. The staff were very warming and attentive to your needs. Can't wait to go again one day.

Pros: 100% Vegan, Excellent staff, Atmosphere

Amazing Pizza! Such choice! - Edit

A lovely little discovery on our visit to Brighton. Pizzas are amazing by any standard, even better when they're fully vegan, making us spoilt for choice due to our lactose and meat allergies. Got busy quick so get in while you can! :)

Pros: Lots to choose from, great specials, friendly staf

Delicious Vegan Pizza - Edit

Went shortly after it opened and loved it! The staff were very accommodating in arranging the toppings to suit my young son who can be a bit picky (so left the chilli off his part of the pizza for example), and they were very friendly and accommodating towards both our children. Lots of delicious choices and very good for those who are gluten free. The cheese they use tastes really good (we asked them what they use as previously we weren't big fans of vegan cheese). Will definitely go back again. The only downside is that they have gone for a clean decor, white walls and I think flooring and metal and plastic pizza boards so it slightly lacks in atmosphere as it looks a bit clinical. However, don't let that put you off as the food is really yummy.

Pros: Staff bent over backwards to help, Loads of delicious choices, All vegan & plenty for GF too

Cons: Decor a bit clinical

Warm welcoming vegan pizza restaurant - Edit

A well presented vegan pizza restaurant with the best service and delicious variety of vegan pizzas, salads, croissants and deserts. Went to it perhaps five times in three days. Highly recommended when visiting Brighton.

Pros: Freshly baked vegan croissants and smooth coffee, Huge variety of vegan pizzas, Fantastic, friendly, warm service

This is the place for pizza - Edit

Abundance of pizza choice here. Eventually I decided to have a calzone and started with some interesting chickpea type bread. Couldn't resist desert either. All very tasty. I'd go back and recommend. Really friendly staff and calm atmosphere.

Pros: Lots of choice, Great food, Staff with good smiles

great vegan eatery! - Edit

Visited on 23rd February and our party of 4 chose various pizzas. Great choice of starters, mains and puddings. Best vegan restaurant I have found yet!!!!

Pros: all vegan, great choice, reasonably priced

Cons: not in my home town!

cheeeeeeesy pizza! - Edit

We had 2 delicious pizzas. The cheese was the best vegan cheese I've had and the hot chocolate with hazelnut milk was really amazing!

Pros: good vegan cheese, real pizza!, best hot chocolate

Cons: not so much atmosphere

Great vegan place to pop into - Edit

Friendly staff, excellent range of vegan pizza. I had a pear snd rocket which was heavily covered in toppings, my only criticism would be it could have done with slightly more vegan cheese and slightly less of the other toppings.

Pros: Friendly staff , Wide range of pizzas , Lots of toppings

Cons: Not the comfiest of seating

Amazing. - Edit

Went here quite a while ago and forgot to leave a review..
But anyway The food was amazing! I had a margherita And it was amazing. Cheese was slightly sticky but had an amazing taste. Would of given the pizza about 9.5/10! I also had plain and apricot croissant which again were amazing but best of all were the apple strudels. Also the staff were very nice! Would highly recommend to anyone. Even non vegans/vegetarians!

Pros: Amazing food, Amazing staff, Good price

Vegan pizza - Edit

Wow the pizzas are amazing and such good value. the owners are Vegan and they are both such nice people. This is a must visit when in Brighton. The best pizza in the U.K.
Updated from previous review on Sunday November 15, 2015

Updated from previous review on Wednesday November 18, 2015

Updated from previous review on Friday November 27, 2015

Updated from previous review on Friday December 11, 2015

Pros: All Vegan , Best pizza ever, Friendly staff

All-vegan pizzas and more - Edit

Good choice of vegan pizzas, sandwiches and salads. Living in Brighton we are spoiled so what most stood out for us was being able to get garlic bread with cheese as well as our pizzas!
Home delivery via deliveroo.

Pros: All vegan, Garlic bread with cheese, Lots of choice

Return to Brighton Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Purezza closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.