Rawtastic

Contact 01724391287

Danziger Str. 16 (at Prenzlauer Berg), Berlin, Germany, 10435

Raw food restaurant with smoothie & juice bar, est. 2015. Offers dishes like kelp bolognese, shroom burger, and vegan cheese platter. For dessert an array of raw cakes and treats. Beverage list includes house-made kombucha and cold brew coffee. Serves weekend brunch. Open Mon-Thu 10:00am-10:00pm, Fri 10:00am-11:00pm, Sat 11:00am-11:00pm, Sun 11:00am-10:00pm.

Category: Vegan, Organic, Raw, Western, Juice bar, Fusion

First Review by Nomissicnarf

One of the best raw restaurant - Edit

This is one of the best vegan raw restaurant i know. I've tried the mix plate with 5 different piece of plate and it was just delicious and so fresh! I was there with two other non vegan people who weren't used to eat raw and they were both enjoying the meal. And i'm not mentionning the dessert, so tasty! The staff is super friendly and the atsmosphere was really cosy. They are also doing workshops for those who wants to learn or improove in raw cooking. What more do you expect?

Pros: diversity of the meals, friendly staff, super tasty

Very good, pricey - Edit

The food is delicious, vegan and raw. I had the special lunch menu raw pizza because it was cheaper. Even so, two slices of pizza cost 8eur. Plus the desert, an awsome slice of cake that was divine, but cost 4,5eur. The place and the food look very nice.

Pros: Vegan, raw, healthy, delicious, good presentation,

Cons: Expensive

My first rawfood experience - Edit

I never ate raw food in the past, and now it's done. I was really surprised and impressed about it. I was scarred about not having enough as I eat quite (too) much but actually my stomach was full. I took the tasting plate to get a full range of their specialities and will definitely go back to that restaurant. The price of some dishes or starters can seem high but with an antipasti plate + 2 dishes + 2 desserts and 2 drinks we paid 50€, which is normal for a 3 courses menu as I'm living in Brussels and often in Paris.

Pros: new experience, presentation of dishes, fresh and tasty products

Cons: some dishes are really expensive, the atmosphere can be improved

Top of all the options out there - Edit

We came a day after eating a gourmet meal (vegan of course) and to our surprise, rata Rawtastic is a gourmet restaurant! Never in my life I enjoyed raw food this way and so close to the real thing! Best burger we found in Berlin! The pizza was amazing! Deserts were also crazy! At first the prices were intimidating but you quickly realize it's worth it and the owners deserve much beyond! Definitely my favorite place to eat

Pros: Raw!!!!!!!!!, Beautiful!!!, Tastes like heaven

Cons: Price? but you definitely get the worth value

Raw food is raw - Edit

I'm not into raw food, which is terribly sad for my partner. But Rawtastic is kinda nice. Not a place that pops into my mind when I'm hungry, but I don't mind going there either.

As far as raw food goes, it's the second place I enjoyed (the other being something in Copenhagen, can't remember the name).

It's pricey, but that's ok. Some times a restaurant can be more expensive when you see that you're getting your money's worth.

The absolute best thing on their menu is the killer smoothie with Sunwarrior protein powder. But it fills you up pretty good, so go easy on the actual food.

If raw isn't your thing, the Mexican bowl is a safe(r) choice for your taste buds.

Updated from previous review on 2016-09-06

Pros: Atmosphere, Food is nice

Cons: Raw food

Only 100% raw place in Berlin - Edit

Try their pannacotta or their chocolate energy balls. So yummy! If you live in Berlin or happen to be in town for their workshops, I would highly recommend going. They share their secrets for you to make their goods at home.

Pros: Excellent food, Won't leave feeling hungry

rwonderful ! - Edit

Delicious raw vegan food, I came twice, had the RawWrap and Pizzatastic , both where awesome very tasty and careful done, impressive how they take raw to another dimension :)
Beverages are also carefully selected, I took Berlin Kombucha Society's which was also great.

Pros: 100% vegan, raw, non expensive

Healthy vegan address - Edit

Nous avons déjeuné chez Rawstatic. Nous avons pris un tex mex bowl, fin et relevé, une salade de falafels et une pizza crue. Tout est vegan, bio, sans gluten et cru, trÚs bien préparé et assaisonné. Une super adresse pour manger sain dans Berlin.

Cons: le personnel pourrait ĂȘtre plus avenant, souriant.

okay - Edit

The food was really good. But, the staff only spoke english (which wasn't a problem for us, but it's a little bit weird for a restaurant in Germany). The tables were dirty and the waiter didn't even clean up the table after he saw us sitting there and definitely saw the crumbs.

Pros: tasty food

Cons: staff only spoke english, dirty

Rawsome! - Edit

I had a full brunch here with a friend of mine and OH MY GOD it was awesome! We had several courses with a bit of everything, and I loved it all. I'm seriously into raw food and even if the dishes might not look so originals (lasagna, pizza, raw cakes...), they are really well executed, tasty and beautiful to watch. I'd definitely come back again, even if it's a bit pricey, its' worth it!

Pros: amazing food presentation, very tasty, owner and staff are really nice

Cons: a little bit pricey

Delicious raw food - Edit

This was one of the first meals we had in Berlin and remained one of the best. We had a sampler that was delicious and they have really good kombucha as well. The place is really cute. My husband broke the chair he was sitting on by accident and the proprietor was very kind about it and they both joked about being big guys and perhaps finding a career in testing restaurant chairs. They have a community room with reading materials in the back that I saw on the way to the restroom. Very inviting!

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, clean and attractively designed

Good, but still some room for improvement - Edit

I have been there twice recently, but only tried the cakes. Now, I am a big fan of raw cake varieties, and it is great that this place adds to the landscape of vegan food in Berlin, but the cakes were a bit of a letdown - they were fairly firm, surprisingly so, and did not have that explosion of taste that I often find in raw cakes. And it appears that this place only serves customers in English (at least this was the case both times I went there).

Pros: Raw cakes

Cons: Serves customers only in English?

Good - Edit

The food was pleasant and a welcome break from the bread-heavy, fried dishes that Berlin offers.
I had the lasagne which was essentially mandonlined courgette with red and green pesto and cashew cheese. It was very tasty, if a little on the salty side, but I felt it was overpriced and the menu was a bit misleading (lasagne? also the courgette was listed as marinated but didn't taste as much). My partner had the raw pizza, a dehydrated bread base with tomato sauce, cashew cheese, avocado, olives, rocket - very nice.
Worth it if you're in the area.

Pros: Tasty

delicious food! - Edit

We have tried two incredible smoothies. A cake and the selection of main options (Tester platter). Everything was delicious especially shroom burger,tex mex bowl, pizza and kale chips. Basically everything. Service was really nice too.

Fine - Edit

The reviews below set high expectations, but we felt the food is ok but nothing spectacular. Raw food somehow never comes cheap but the smoothies, priced at almost €6, are a bit overpriced. The main dishes were ok, but nothing special. They could pay more attention to details: windows were dirty, all candles on tables were off, it was a bit dirty, etc.

rawdiculous - Edit

My expectations were high after reading rave reviews about this place. I thought it would be fun to try new things, such as the ceviche, but sadly they were out of it. Other dishes had also sold out, which didnÂŽt quite feel professional. Same goes for the fact that my table wasnÂŽt stable enough; I suppose I could have moved, but I had just sprained my ankle and didnÂŽt feel like it. In the end I settled for the lasagne, which was slightly salty but fresh and decent, though looked nothing like a lasagne. Also, for 14 euros I would expect some more exciting flavours than the usual deal: cashew, sundried tomatoes.. I have had much better raw food lasagne in places like Gothemburg (Rawfoodbaren), Copenhagen (42 degrees raw) and Majorca (Ziva), but I didnÂŽt think Rawtastic quite pulled it off. At 5.80 euros, the "cake gourmet" I had as a dessert was equally pricey, as I had already had two similar raw food cakes that day for 3.50 each, at least one of them being organic (which RawtasticÂŽs was not, apparently). Well, thatÂŽs almost 50% more expensive at this place, and on top of that I found a hair in it! At no point did staff ask what I thought of the meal or showed any interest in me, their sole customer.

Fantastic - Edit

Had an amazing dinner at Rawtastic. The service and the taste really stood out. I loved the passion for the food from the staff. Great prices as well.

I am coming back to Berlin in May and really looking forward to visit Rawtastic again.

Pros: Taste, Service, Location

Delicious food and homemade kombutcha. What else? - Edit

I was in Berlin for a few days with my wife, we already knew this city but went for the first time in Rawtastic for a lunch. I took the koodles and she had a « mezze » of different stuff.
That was fantastic.
As a vegan for a decade and a half and interested in raw food, nutrition and sport, i tried a lot of amazing food in my life and Rawtastic surely is my top 5 restaurants ever.
We came back the same night to eat again.
The food is delicious, fresh (of course!) and really beautiful in the plate. Quiet place, kind and friendly people. Oh and i forgot the awesome homemade kombutcha and the raw vegan cake.
If you’re in Berlin, just go there, you won’t regret. I wish i could eat there everyday!

Pros: delicious food, nice people, homemade kombutcha

Really special - Edit

I went here with my girlfriend. We shared a cheese-platter which was super-awesome. Full of taste, creamy.. One of the best I have had. After that I had a Lasagna. It was really well made and very tasty. We also took two glasses of wine, which were quite expensive. Consider ordering a bottle, because the price won't be much different. Go here if you want something special on your plate!

Pros: Nice presentationof the food, Best cheese platter ever

Cons: wine is expensive

fast fantastisch - Edit

Urig-gemĂŒtliche Location am Prenzlauer Berg...
Ich liebe Rawfood, lebe im Sommer 80% und bin dementsprechend happy, das Rawtastic von Freunden aus den USA, die es durch Zufall entdeckt hatten, empfohlen bekommen zu haben.

Alle Gerichte sind schmackhaft, sehr wĂŒrzig und optisch ansprechend. Schroomburger, Lasagne, Texmex, Pizza - alle habe ich probiert und kann sie weiterempfehlen. Besonders toll finde ich, dass man bei dem Pizzaboden und auch dem Burger ohne NĂŒsse auskommt, was besonders fĂŒr Allgergiker eine gute Nachricht ist. Die Portionen sind auch nicht zu klein, wie oft befĂŒrchtet. Mit Vorspeise und Dessert ist man lange, lange satt.

EnttĂ€uschend fand ich einzig den Smoothie - zu wĂ€ssig, zu sĂŒĂŸ, zu warm. DafĂŒr waren die von mir bisher getesteten SĂ€fte alle top.

Ich komme nun regelmĂ€ĂŸig her.

Ingwertee mit Zitronenscheibe sehr zu empfehlen. Geschmacklich ausgewogen und super temperiert.

Kuchen lecker, mir persönlich etwas zu sĂŒĂŸ, aber das ist Geschmacksache.

Englisch ist hier Pflicht, was verwundert, gibt es die Speisekarte auf Deutsch.

EnttĂ€uschend die Pflege/Wartung des Toilettenraums. Mal fehlt Toilettenpapier, mal HandtĂŒcher, insgesamt wirkt er vernachlĂ€ssigt. Auch der Seifenspender defekt herum. Hier muss man aufpassen, immerhin ist es ein Hygienfaktor.

Pros: great food choice, nice location, friendly owner

Cons: restroom not well taken care of, service could be more attentive, smoothie too warm

Try the chinese hot drinks! - Edit

My sister and I stopped at Rawtastic for tea. We drank two excellent cordyceps teas, which were duly presented by one of the staff, as coming from China along with all the health benefits that follow. We also shared one piece of raw chocolate and blueberries cake which just melted in our mouths. A little on the pricey side (to be expected in raw places) but a definite must for vegan berlin sightseeing.

Amazing, creative, raw food! - Edit

Delicious, creative food, raw and vegan - that's everything a raw vegan might want in Berlin :)
Amazing place, nice staff, fantastic food and a cosy atmosphere!
I'm sooooo coming back! :)

Pros: excellent food, friendly staff, central location

Amazing RawFood - Edit

Great cozy atmosphere, friendly staff and the menu is awesome. I mean it's the first raw vegan restaurant in town and they have such a great variety of different dishes. We tried a few and all of them were that tasty!

Real, nutritious, tasty food - Edit

Although a vegetarian, I've never been into this raw movement that much because, like many people, I had some prejudice regarding what one can do with raw ingredients. The pizzatastic really shattered my silly ideas and made me curious to go again and make my way through the entire menu with every visit. Every flavour is just unbelievably natural. It's a feast for the eyes, for the taste buds and the desserts are simply addictive.

Amazing raw food! - Edit

I was there at the opening night and tried a few tasters and some juice. It was all delicious, so I went back and tried some more food. It was just as good as I had hoped and the staff were lovely. I can see myself going back here again very soon!

Rawtastic is fantastic! - Edit

Fabulous, delicious food, warm and friendly atmosphere, great staff! We had the pizzatastic, the lasagne and different cakes and juices, everything was amazing, we're already looking forward to our next visit!

Incredible food, highly recommended!!! - Edit

I stopped by for dinner yesterday and chose their tasting plate, a selected variation of appetisers from their main dishes. The flavours exploded in my mouth, each piece complementing the other not only in taste, but also in texture - something I’m a bit obsessed with myself.

Now call me greedy, but I saw another person eating something called the ‘Shroom Burger’ and it looked so good I ordered one of those too, after all the concept of Rawtastics menu is to serve healthy food in its natural state, un affected by the high temperatures of standard cooking which actually deplete the nutrients and enzyme activity. So basically guilt free! And boy was it yummy, definitely a must try!

To drink I picked one of their fresh cold pressed juices, made in house and unpasteurised. If you find it hard to get your daily vitamin and nutrient dose, look no further. I picked their Soma, which perfectly complement my meal cleansed the Palette beautifully.

Lastly but by no means least I couldn't resist a slice of their raw vegan chocolate cake. I simply couldn’t believe this was dairy free! It melted in my mouth, the sweet chocolate contrasting with the slightly tangy taste of the berry centre and lastly the crunch of the date/nut base. DIVINE, a luxury I will be indulging in on a regular basis, maybe with a coffee and a book next time (FYI they have wifi! very handy)

All in all im so happy I stopped by to indulge in what Rawtastic have on offer, the entire experience from the menu, service even the design of the place was well thought out and basically just awesome. I’ll be heading back soon, theres so much more to try!

Pros: Well thought-out, varied and TASTY menu., Juice Bar - made in-house as delicious!, Cool Vibe & Cool Design

Creative & delicious food!!! - Edit

This was incredibly good food! We had the shroom burger and the power rolls and both was so fun to eat. Different consistencies and a great variety of flavors. Brings raw food to a whole new level! Very good service also. Try it if you didn't stop by already.

Pros: Delicious, Creative, Healthy

Cons: Portions could be a little bit bigger

Delish - Edit

Rawtastic was a great experience. I was hungry...tried the taste menue and some other dishes and it opened up a new perspective on raw food for me. Feels like they have taken vegan food to new level of gourmet cuisine. The atmosphere was great, warm and friendly – you know, when you get the feeling that they really love to serve their food to the guests, exited to make them happy. I sat by the bar so I could also see when the food was prepared...these guys really know what they are doing. Congrats Berlin!

Pros: Fantastic food, Great and professional service, Warm and friendly atmosphere

Raw Berlin - Edit

New completely raw and vegan location at Prenzlauer Berg with very tasty raw cakes (try the raspberry one with a great almond milk latte!) and a promising looking menu! Maybe the serving of the bread breakfast could be a little bit bigger.

Delicious mushroom burger - Edit

Just had a delicious mushroom burger with sweet potato fries and beet and seaweed chips with some very tasty mayo and ketchup. My taste buds were satisfied and I feel surprisingly full :)

Pros: Raw, Organic, Homemade

The initiative of a raw food restaurant - Edit

it's a great initiative to have a raw food restaurant, but after eating in raw restaurants in the US, I can't help but compare... I hope my review will help improve. We had a soup and a desert, the taste was good, but the quantities were minimal, and the prices are high for what you get.

Opening Event - Edit

At the Opening Event they served raw tapas featuring selected tasters from the menu.
I got to taste the Power Rolls, Pizzatastic and Raw Burger. I thimk I have three favourite dishes already.
I will go back next week to taste more from the menu.
This place is amazing and exactly what Berlin needs.

Pros: Got to try new raw dishes Very creative Great menu

Return to Berlin Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Rawtastic closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.
This page has been viewed 7214 times since Sep 2015.