- One of the aspects that defines my character most is that I'm deeply interested in ethics. This has among other things brought me to the conclusion of being an avid environmentalist, a Pro-Life activist, and a vegan. I am one of those rare breeds that crosses over into not normally associated issues because I resist the tendency towards group think. As a result I have developed deeply independent spiritual views that sometimes incorporates elements to various religious thought. In essence I believe there is a higher power that only the self can know what truth is in communion with that power. No book nor person can tell you otherwise without some sort of induction taking place. As one can tell I highly value the deductive process.
- Veg Status:
- bloomington, Indiana, USA
- 01 Jun 2008
- Fav Place:
- The Cliffs of Slieve league
- Fav Books:
- Deep Ecology, World Without
- Fav Music:
- David Bowie, John Denver, Joni Mitchell, Sting
- I Admire:
- My Website:
- Last Login:
- 30 Aug 2011
- Profile Views:
Favorite Listings (0)
Reviews (10) View All
|Best Buffet Best Buffet||Yak and Yeti - Westminste... Yak and Yeti - Westminster||
|Liked the theme Liked the theme||The Peace Tree Juice Cafe The Peace Tree Juice Cafe||
|Reminds me of a small quaint c... Reminds me of a small quaint co-op||Moonflower Market Moonflower Market||
|Heavy on meat substitutes but ... Heavy on meat substitutes but still really goid||The Owlery The Owlery||
|Good for the Money Good for the Money||Gumbo Ya Ya Gumbo Ya Ya||
Uploaded Photos (1) View All
Entries Added to HappyCow (1) View All
Shared Trips / Lists
More About Me
Reasons why I prefer to eat vegetarian or vegan:
The three main reasons are compassion towards animals, environmental, and health. But pretty much my primary reason for living the vegan lifestyle is that I believe it unethical to kill another animal even for food unless ones very survival is at state. I do realize some people are in this position like Eskimos however the vast majority of the world is in a position to eat vegan. I believe with education and a little spiritual growth maybe even a majority of the world will become vegetarian and hopefully vegan.
I joined HappyCow Members Community because:
To review a vegetarian Restaurant I love in town called "Roots" you should check it out if you are ever in town.
Here are some places I've been that I liked... and places that I would like to visit one day:
I've been all over eastern Europe, the States, seen a bit of Russia, Brazil, and Australia. To date my favorite places were Ireland, Scotland, Italy and Brazil. I would love to see Thailand and maybe even India. I however understand how taxing air travel can be on the environment so I am cautious not to take too many trips.
Some of my favorite veg*n foods include:
Peaches, Asparagus, pinnacle, cherries, almonds, cashews, spinach, artichoke hearts, and arugula,
Here are some books, movies, magazines, and my favorites that I would recommend to other HappyCow members:
Deep Ecology, The World Without Us, The Celestine Prophecy, and The Power of Now
All images used on this site are user uploaded, obtained through what is believed to be not subject to copyright, or by Creative Commons usage. If your image was used without permission, please contact us.