Community: Forum: Wisdom & Spirituality

Wisdom Forum

Author Avatar
Where are the vegetarian pastors and are there any church besides 7th Day adventists that preach killing of animals is wrong.

Responses (8)

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 03/21/12 20:17:01

Great question! I'd love to know the answer.

• Report Abuse

Posted by workingelephant at 04/24/12 14:05:12

Me as well.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 04/25/12 07:34:18

The Jain religion proscribes against the killing of animals, but sadly, all religions teach "human supremacy" in one form or another, which is a de facto license to do as we wish with the other animals...

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 04/27/12 22:39:53

How did I forget about the Jain religion? Absolutely! In fact, there is a Jain temple just outside of Chicago in Bartlet, IL.

• Report Abuse

Posted by knightofalbion at 05/07/12 11:08:04

All life is animated by the Spirit of God.

Animals have souls just as we do.

Report Abuse

Posted by Awakening at 05/11/12 06:12:36

There is a vegetarian Pastor in Ottawa at this website.

If you do a google search for vegetarian ministries or Pastors in your area, you will probably be able to find someone.

Report Abuse

Posted by Longdrive at 12/31/12 05:18:51

One of the four regulative principles of Hare Krishna is no eating of meat, including fish or eggs.

'1. No eating meat, fish, or eggs. Killing animals destroys the quality of mercy. One turns one's body into a graveyard by consuming dead animals. These foods are saturated with the modes of passion and ignorance and therefore cannot be offered to the Lord. A person who eats these foods participates in a conspiracy of violence against helpless animals and thus curtails his spiritual progress.'

• Report Abuse

Posted by Veggie Dave at 06/01/15 02:44:58

Any religion that adheres to non cruelty might be veg* Buddhist, Hinduism, Hare Krishna, and some Seventh Day Adventist churches and Unitarian churches.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support