Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Not so long ago I did a survey and asked people why they decided to become vegan (or why they chose a vegan diet). I got a massive response with over 7,000 people filling it in. If you're interested in the results I made a video about it. Feel free to let me know why you also went vegan :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LohcwF7caaE&t=287s

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by rockyroy at 12/26/17 08:31:37

There is plenty to eat without eating flesh meat and taking an animal's milk. And also there is plenty to use without killing animal's for their body parts. Choosing vegan is totally against and choosing compassion over killing. Moreover we everywhere recognise that plant products are good source of protein and iron , calcium and vitamin D. Because they can be easily absorbed by the body. Well planned vegan diets are appropriate for all stages of the life cycle.Every thing you can easily find vegan and protest self or animals like vegan fashion, vegan food , vegan recipes etc.

• Report Abuse

Posted by anahidscv at 12/29/17 19:49:18

My number one reason was the animals and then the earth. This is all of my focus and motivation. My health came with it, but that was last.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 12/30/17 15:28:10

A female friend got me started on being a vegetarian and vegan. She layed out the truth and told me the reality of the chicken slaughter industry with graphic pictures. I read more and realized I was part if this problem. I read the booklet, What's wrong with meat?"

Then I went vegetarian/Vegan, and once I realized how much better I felt with more energy and getting healthier, I stepped it up and thought about the animals sacrificed for my meat eating days, and the environmental impact of eating a meat based diet. You can feed a family on an acre of veggies and fruits for a year. But a cow has to have an acre of pasture grass to eat which translates to roughly one person's meat needs. Plus all the methane generated from the cow. Additional water needed. Veganism and vegetarianism is a lifestyle for me. I'm happy with the way I eat. It's natural and earth friendly.

• Report Abuse

Posted by mauricevegan at 01/01/18 20:44:31

In three words. Compassion for animals.
    Pure and simple.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support