Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Food and drink that the Hindus avoid include meat, eggs, poultry, fish, caffeine, alcohol and very spicy foods, and strict Hindus also do not eat mushrooms, onions, leeks and garlic. Not all Hindus avoid meat, but most of them try to avoid beef.

Responses (3)

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 02/03/17 10:56:20

I have met people that consider themselves Hindu that eat all the above.

• Report Abuse

Posted by dimamuzhetsky at 02/06/17 12:45:42

A true hindu is not supposed to eat meat but lately its never the same.In Varanasi(the holiest hindu city) once i saw fish sold(no meat sure)even as fish is as forbidden as meat

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 02/15/17 07:45:00

I think it is time for Hinduism to do some revisionism and reform.

Far more important than refraining from onions, garlic and leaks is to go vegan.

It is unnatural for weened adult humans to return to their mother's milk let alone the milk of another species. If the cow is sacred one must go vegan to protect the cows. By far the most outrageous waste of milk is Abhishek especially when water or even just mantra or perhaps herbal waters will work just fine. Ghee and milk represent past Yugas when vegan vitamin B and D3 pills and/or dietary supplements were not available. Now it is easy to go vegan and there is no excuse.

It is not necessary to enslave cows, steal the secretions from their mammary glands and consume it in the name of a religion that is not meant to be a religion in the first place. Hinduism is a way of life, not a ceremonial orgy of cow milk pouring on inanimate statues to falsely conjure gods for a paying merchant caste.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support