Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I have not bought a new pair of running shoes since adopting the full vegan lifestyle. With age and old injuries good shoes are imperative for running, long walks, and being on my feet for long hours. Any suggestions for good vegan running shows???

Responses (5)

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 11/26/14 03:00:00

MAny brands have a shoe or two, but none that are all vegan that I have seen. Post what you get.

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 11/26/14 08:34:34

I've seen tons of all vegan running shoes. In fact, that's the one area of shoe buying where I usually don't have a problem. Many running shoes are naturally vegan, as synthetic materials are much more breathable and readily available. Companies such as ASICS, Saucony, Brooks, and New Balance all offer high-performance vegan options.

If they fit you properly, your best bet is to always buy ASICS. ASICS has made it easy to shop for vegan running shoes. All running shoes with “N” in the product code/style number are vegan! It'd be even more convenient if they would just write "vegan" on the box. Maybe one day they will. ASICS fully vegan shoes include: Ultimate 81 – Rio Runner – Sakurada – Mexico 66 Slip-On – Mexico 66 Paraty - and many others.

Saucony makes all-vegan running shoes and advertises it loud & proud with "vegan" in the name! It's called the Vegan Bullet:

I bought a pair and am sorry to say I didn't like them because they had zero arch support. They're more for people into "low profile" and barefoot running types. Saucony also makes the Vegan Jazz Low Pro. And if you can still find a pair, the Saucony Vegan Shadow:

A little known fact: all Brooks running shoes are vegan! (The one exception in the entire Brooks footwear line is the walking shoes.) Check out Brooks Green Silence, a shoe designed with Earth in mind.

Honorable Mention goes to Eco Vegan Shoes. They are big time vegan. They don't specialize in running shoes but offer a lot of sneakers:

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 11/26/14 08:37:20

ASICS, Saucony, Brooks, and New Balance are the go-to brands for vegan running shoes. But there are many other brands that carry a few vegan running shoes in their line up:

• Report Abuse

Posted by elizabetsy at 11/27/14 19:23:20

I have seen an okay selection at Zappos (I like the Merrells).

• Report Abuse

Posted by Veginsane at 12/01/14 15:46:04

Thanks for the responses. Looking online can be a daunting task at times. I will look at your suggestions for sure!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support