Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hey all, myself and my partner are both Vegetarian (Almost vegan, so technically plant based at the moment - we're getting there!!).

Our wedding is in a few months and I've been tossing up whether i should do a fully vegetarian wedding (with vegan dishes) even though most of the guests are meat eaters.
I just can't bring myself to condemning those poor animals to death JUST because i dont want people to be uncomfortable with the meal choices and i figure it's ONLY one day. So surely they can suck it up.

Anyways, i'm trying to think of a menu and there are a tonne of finger foods for cocktail hour etc but i'm just trying to think of some mains? We are going to do a 'shared buffet' type situation where there is about 5 mains and sides and they get spread across the middle of the trestle tables.

Any suggestions for good meat eater friendly Veg meals that would work in a share situation?

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 10/21/16 12:15:35

You have a golden opportunity to make a statement about your personal values AND educate friends and family.

Don't be an enabler for those who are brainwashed into eating animal products or lack basic compassion for animals...

• Report Abuse

Posted by arb84820 at 10/21/16 18:01:57

Hi Kate,

I think it is a phenomenal idea to have no-meat service. That is what I am planning on doing! Remember this day is about YOU!

Itatian: Lasagna, Eggplant parmesan, Gnocci, Pizza - A nicely cut into squares dish,

Asian - Pad Thai, Curry, Rice dishes, any stir fry with various sauces (sweet and sour, curry, coconut, etc)

Mexican - Veggie burritos, tacos (with potato), corn mash, tamales, chili relleno,

Mediterranean - falafel, veggie kabob, hummus, etc (I cant think of the names of all the Greek veggie foods, but if you Google the vegetarian Mediterranean dishes thy will list them)

Other ideas: you could do a worthingtons smoked turkey roll, roast it and serve the slices (this is my favorite roll and I eat it every year for Thanksgiving)
    Field roast sausages / burgers for create your own hot dogs and burgers

Hope that helps and congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Hellhound at 12/21/16 18:10:39

Meat eaters can eat vegetarian food. There are lots of vegetarian and vegan dishes that everyone can enjoy and if all your guests get to try more vegetarian food it might encourage some of them to be vegetarian (Which saves the lives of animals and is better for the health of your guests plus you won`t have to put up with meat stinking out your wedding).
    Good luck on your big day :)

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support