HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hey guys! I became vegan 3 days ago. So far I've noticed high energy levels, less bloating, great mentality, and alertness. I've had all the good stuff happen, and I feel great. One thing that is happening is that at night my stomach feels empty but not necessarily "hungry", like I don't get shaky or anything. The other thing is that I have to eat more often, but I think that may just be my metabolism and the plant based foods. Since my body isn't used to the plant based diet yet, is this stuff normal? What did you experience when you transitioned?

Responses (6)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 07/24/15 15:15:02

Eating more small meals as opposed to one or two big ones has become generally accepted as a move toward better health.

• Report Abuse

Posted by abbypetty at 07/24/15 20:13:55

Thanks so much! I've been trying but with work it's difficult

• Report Abuse

Posted by RJS at 07/25/15 00:38:55

Hi, I remember early on having one day of really bad indigestion.but it only lasted one day.
    Then several weeks in my hair and skin went dry and flaky, again I though well I'll see if it passes and it did after a few weeks.
    It was strange like my body had to stop and restart a new way of doing things.

• Report Abuse

Posted by abbypetty at 07/25/15 08:46:37

that's what I'm thinking is happening, kind of like detoxing. Thanks alot!

• Report Abuse

Posted by anahidscv at 07/27/15 10:21:52

Congrats and thank you. It is amazing how one feels. I too felt the same and yes, you do eat frequent and one thing that helps me is protein shakes that is a complete meal. I currently take Plant Fusion's Phood caramel/chocolate flavor. I don't get that hungry anymore, as I am now able to eat full and complete meals and so it does keep me full. Good luck and continue your amazing journey.

• Report Abuse

Posted by LekanNicholson at 07/29/15 13:09:26

That's awesome that you're making the transition. I've been slowly changing my eating to a plant based diet. Props to you to making the change 3 days ago. What inspired you to make the change?

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now