Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I am a 25 year old vegetarian and am a keen amateur cook. I want to train as a chef but as I don't want to follow a general catering course (i.e. work with meat) I am hoping to to find an apprentice position.
I know this is a long shot but I was wondering if there is a vegetarian restaurant, hotel, yoga resort etc. looking for a assistant/ trainee chef?
I'm based in ireland at the moment but am free to travel anywhere for the right opportunity.

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by happycowgirl at 01/25/14 08:22:47

Hi Lily,
    Thank you so much for posting. I'm so envious of your cooking skills. I wish I was more talented in that arena. Anyway, I hope someone sees your post and responds.

In the meantime, if it were me, I'd make some phone calls. It can't hurt. If you wanted to work in Chicago, I'd call (in order of gourmet to casual): Karyn's on Green, Green Zebra, Mana Food Bar, Chicago Diner or Native Foods Cafe. All are listed on HappyCow. In New York, there is Candle 79, Blossom, Candle Cafe, Angelica Kitchen. Or what about Vedge or HipCityVeg in Philadelphia?

Also, one of our HappyCow members - DC1346 - is a culinary chef in Las Vegas. He may have some ideas for you. If you want, you can message him here:

Best of luck to you. Please let us know how it goes!
    For the animals,

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support