HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

I am interviewing people who have lost weight by switching from a meat based diet to a vegetarian or vegan diet. Interviews can be done either by email or phone. The article will be published in Good Karma magazine, www.goodkarmamag.com/ a Chicago publication which focuses on health, the environment, and spirituality. Our distribution is 40,000 and roughly 98% of our readers are carnivores. The spring 2010 issue of Good Karma attached. Good Karma is published quarterly by SPEAK (Supporting and Promoting Ethics for the Animal Kingdom). Contact me at [email protected] I can also be contacted through the SPEAK website www.speakonline.org/
Jacquie Lewis
SPEAK President
Good Karma magazine, Founder

Increase your karmic footprint
www.goodkarmamag.com/
[email protected]
Please consider the environment when printing this email

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 04/15/10 12:19:21

I don't think it is a matter of gaining weight as much as its balancing out. I know folks who have lost weight after leaving a meat-based diet. And others I know have gained weight who were likely malnourished from eating meat. If you give more focus to your diet, as one inevitably does in sifting through ingredients, you are less likely to eat fattening additives and useless fillers, not to mention the dairy and eggs that vegans avoid.

I would not be your choice of interviews since I was among those who gained weight.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now