Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hi! I'm Julia and I've been a vegetarian for about 4 months now. I'm a little concerned about if I'm getting enough vitamins and nutrients. I usually eat a lot of beans, fruit, vegetables, etc. Sometimes I feel a little run down. I am just interested in learning about experiences and getting advice on how t stay healthy while being a vegetarian. Thank you!

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 04/15/16 05:10:26

jewelz-

There are literally hundreds of books and tens of thousands of websites that offer good nutrition info. Of course, one must learn to differentiate between the good ones and the ones created by the meat and dairy industries. Most local libraries carry books on veg/vegan nutrition. But most of the info you seek is available on this site...check out the "Veg Topics"...

Regarding your situation, I noticed an improvement in my health when I eliminated (all) meat from my diet in 1975. But I didn't realize all the benefits until I eliminated dairy products ten years later.

Report Abuse

Posted by Dorothy32 at 04/15/16 05:57:22

I have been vegan for only about a week but I have the same concerns. I have been inputting everything I eat here

cronometer.com

Its free and gives you a general idea of your daily nutrient intake.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Thalassa4 at 04/18/16 18:08:59

Iron? Make sure to eat beans, tofu, leafy green vegetables, and things like Cheerios or Total cereal, and black strap molasses have iron.

I think this is an issue that applies to lacto vegetarian diet just as much as vegan.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support