Community: Forum: Vegetarian Discussion

Vegan / Vegetarian Discussion - All Things Veg*n Forum

Hello everyone! I have been craving nut butters and fruit a lot--I usually have a packed schedule in the afternoon in which I go straight from work to a hike and yoga (I am training as a teacher) so I usually snack in the afternoon between these activities rather than sit down for dinner. One of my favorite snacks is peanut butter and bananas, and I've been craving nut butters a lot lately...probably due to how busy I've been and how portable they are. And how delicious they are, too ;) I was wondering if anyone would like to share their favorite nut/seed butter and fruit pairings (possibly along with some nutritional benefits of the pairing). Thanks! Have a great day

Responses (2)

• Report Abuse

Posted by WildApricot at 12/12/14 11:19:02

Almond-butter and sliced strawberries make a tasty combo. Plus, a cup of strawberries has 149% vita-C with very little sugar content, while two tablespoons of almond-butter has some amounts of calcium, iron, and of course protein and healthy fat.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 12/13/14 10:55:50

WildApricot-

Apricots are one of my very favorite fruits! They are a staple of the Hunza people, well known for their amazing health.

I always eat the seeds as well.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support