HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Travel

Vegan Travel Suggestions Discussion Forum

I'll be traveling to Vancouver, BC this summer and was wondering if anyone knew of any great vegetarian restaurants? I'll be staying near Stanley Park so I am looking to try some great vegan places if you know of anything, or any attractions I should see.

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Cascadian at 07/30/09 22:18:32

Hi Stef!

Please tell us more about yourself and your interests.

Generally, Vancouver is quite probably my favorite larger city and is fairly veg*n friendly. There are several natural foods chain stores and a few independent places including a co-op spread around the city. Commercial Drive on the east side of Vancouver is by far my favorite area of the city. I find most things in Vancouver to be over-priced but most exceptions to that can be found along the Drive. I like Deserts fairly well as a place to dine. If you like Indian food, then have a look at the Punjabi Market where the best & cheapest samosas I have ever had can be found. The Naam is quite over-rated in my opinion and is certainly not the most vegan-friendly place. That said, it *is* open 24 hours!

Please be sure to have a look at and support the Vancouver area's new and only vegan store: http://talk.karmavore.ca/

Personally, what I like best about Vancouver are the area's around it. Get up high in the mountains, deep into the forests, out on/in the water, visit some islands and/or the Sunshine Coast. If you can make just one extended jaunt away from the big city, check out Victoria! It is quite vegan friendly and just a pleasant ferry ride away and can even be done as a long day trip though I suggest spending at least one night there.

In the metro area, I suggest heading for Lynn Canyon in North Vancouver, Lighthouse Park in West Vancouver and the nature around UBC and/or the Museum of Anthropology there. . The views off the top of Burnaby Mtn are quite nice. Chinatown is also well worth a visit.

I hope this helps! :)

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now