Community: Forum: Recipes & Cooking

Vegan Cooking Tips and Recipes Forum

I was so happy to discover that my favorite packaged pancake mix, Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Mix, was vegan in itself! So instead of using the milk, eggs, and butter, I used almond milk, aquafaba, and earth balance soy free.

The mix looked great, so I fried up in coconut oil as usual, but they stuck to the pan like cement!!!!! I couldn't even get my silicone spatula under them. Am I missing something? Again, newbie vegan here.

Thanks all!

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by moshnotposh at 04/17/17 15:06:49

i am not big lover of prepared mixes, but if you are.. try to put mashed banana instead of egg, use full-fat milk, and cover the pan with oil, i use spray one and it is good. Bananna adds fluffiness to pancake, and don't forget to pour batter into very hot pan ;)

• Report Abuse

Posted by leonora at 09/27/17 23:15:05

I don't use mixes either, but I do recommend this recipe!

https://nillaskitchen.wordpress.com/2013/06/08/egg-free-crepes-dairy-free-gluten-free-recipe-swedish-pancakes/

I use it all the time when I make panncakes and vary the flavour sometimes by adding; cinnamon, or saffron, or turmeric, or chai spices, etc... Delicious!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by Veggacha at 10/09/17 20:44:40

Try this recipe:
    1 cup white flour
    1/2 cup chickpea flour
    1!4 cup of rye flour
    1 late baking soda
    1 tsp narcissus powder (optional)
    1/2 bag of vanilla sugar
    pinch of salt
    1 cup of vegetable milk
    2 cups of soda
    5-6 spoon of oil

Mix the dry substances, then add the oil, vegetable milk and soda and mix it well. Allow 15-20 minutes to flourish. Then you can pour it into the hot and oiled pan. I had to oil before each pancake.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support