Community: Forum: Recipes & Cooking

Vegan Cooking Tips and Recipes Forum

Hey there guys!
My wife is helping me in my slow - but steady - transition towards becoming vegan (She's vegan, and I'm trying to make the change!) :) Sharing the love with one of her recipes for Mini Vegan Chocolate Donuts.

I found these donuts to be really tasty -- moist and crunchy (thanks to the sprinkles!). Really makes my change to veganism a little easier :)

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by MountainVegan at 09/25/14 19:32:41

Mmmmm - looks yummy - I'm gonna try em when I visit my Nephews and Niece. Definitely going to make those vegan cheddar biscuits too - with some vegan gravy. Thanks for the link - Cheers!

• Report Abuse

Posted by chobesoy at 09/29/14 16:19:55

I pinned it....oooh, must try one day. Thank you! :)

• Report Abuse

Posted by noahmiller2 at 12/23/14 20:24:55

Thanks alot!!
    very yummy i will definitely try it.

• Report Abuse

Posted by DeborahDuncan at 03/05/15 06:20:21

Well. I have one for you as well.
    Donut Muffins
    Makes between 11-12 regular muffins, and 22-24 mini muffins

3/4 cup sugar
    1 banana, mashed
    1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
    2 tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 cup vegetable oil (do not be tempted to change this to butter - it will change the texture of the doffin)
    3/4 cup coconut milk (which adds wonderful flavor) OR soy milk OR almond milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract

1/2 cup powdered sugar (confectioners)

Preheat oven to 350F. Lightly grease a muffin tin with cooking spray or vegetable oil. (Do not be tempted to use liners - the point of doing these directly in the muffin tin is to have them pop out and be able to get sugar to stick to the sides without the addition of butter.

In a large bowl, beat together sugar and mashed banana until well incorporated. Pour in vegetable oil, coconut milk and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.

In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Pour into wet mixture and stir to combine.

Divide batter evenly into 12 muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support