Community: Forum: Recipes & Cooking

Vegan Cooking Tips and Recipes Forum

Hi all!
Does anyone know of a vegan alternative to condensed milk? Way back when I used to make the best fudge but it has condensed milk in it. I'd like to make it again but veganised if that's possible.

If anyone could help me out it'd be greatly appreciated.

Responses (7)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 08/23/10 13:19:09

I haven't tried any of these, but logically it seems to make sense you'd make it the same as the regular kind but with vegan substitutions (soy milk instead of cow's milk, margarine instead of butter).

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Vegan-Condensed-Milk

http://www.veganwolf.com/recipes/basics/swcondmilk.htm

• Report Abuse

Posted by kindlizard at 08/23/10 14:57:19

have you tried coconut milk? I used that w a soy creamer to make a whipped cream and it was great. Coconut milk has a great richness that may work

• Report Abuse

Posted by Tatiana at 08/23/10 15:01:00

Oh, that sounds pretty tasty!

• Report Abuse

Posted by rmark25 at 08/23/10 19:01:09

didn't I see a product advertised in Veg News called Condensed Soy Milk? I think it's from Brazil, that may work. But, speaking as a Pastry Chef that got pretty good at veganizing desserts...my 1st thought would be to get instant soy milk powder. I would look at the recipe for how much water to add and add maybe only 1/4 of that amount to get the consistency? Always write how much you add, so if you get what you want you will always have that formula ready

• Report Abuse

Posted by rmark25 at 08/23/10 19:03:57

• Report Abuse

Posted by lradke89 at 04/18/12 05:57:38

It's my first time to hear about that condensed soy milk product..Is that for real? It is a big help to have in a vegan kitchen.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Charlottew at 04/22/12 12:37:13

I actually have started baking with SoyGo. Haven't tried it for brownies but have used it for vegan pancakes, vegan french toast, and vegan cookies. I'm sure it would work well too for brownies.... good luck!

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support