Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

So I turned vegan about 6months ago and my periods were fine, though I haven't have my period for more than 2 months now so I kind of worry a bit because I don't know what could be wrong, moreover I had my blood test results and they were pretty good so I'd love to hear from you if you had any issues like me

Responses (4)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 10/28/16 11:56:53

A search under "vegans and menstruation" will reveal lots of useful info on this topic.

• Report Abuse

Posted by CharmaineCalhoon at 04/14/17 11:04:43

Never came across this issue yet.

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 04/15/17 02:07:41

Go to a state licensed medical herbalist, they accept insurance. Through medical herbs you can cause a period to start, to stop, to increase flow, to decrease flow, to increase volume, decrease volume, to remove all pain and many other things.

There is a good book, "The Desktop Guide to Herbal Medicine: The Ultimate Multidisciplinary Reference to the Amazing Realm of Healing Plants in a Quick-Study," by Brigitte Mars A.H.G. This book will help you read about the herbs an herbalist recommends. It costs about 20$ on Amazon.

You may be pregnant. Is this a possibility? If so, do not take herbs without a state licensed doctor's help.

I can not recommend herbs for you because I am not a state licensed doctor and I do not know your health history. However, you might want to research Chaste Berry often called Vitex with a health professional. Vitex is the new name for the same herb. It is harmless usually, for women, but men should not take this herb. One often tries the tea first and increases dose to the level of pills later.

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 04/15/17 08:13:11

Oh, and before I forget.....ask your same health professional, preferably a state licensed medical herbalist, if using parsley tea is alright for you. Parsley tea will dehydrate a person so extra water all day is needed. Parsley tea is an emmenagogue which means it increases blood flow to the pelvic region and helps to start periods.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support