Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

Hi all! This is my first time posting a health question. I've been a vegan a bit over a year and it's been a great experience for me. My diet is usually cooking at home (I try my best to stay away from over processed foods/too much starch) I have a lot of raw greens daily (spinach/kale/banana smoothie in the morning) as well as incorporating unsaturated fats and a normal amount of carbs. I've also recently started learning yoga to add to my health daily. However the past couple of weeks I've noticed my stools have gotten much smaller and I feel bloated a lot, it's possible it could just be just having terrible PMS (which includes me being really bloated sometimes) but it's really odd my daily stools are so small, given that I eat every two to three hours per day. I feel like I need to clear out but I'm not sure how. Any suggestions?

Responses (2)

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 04/15/17 01:59:46

Organic, vegan Herbal medicine is the best answer. See a state licensed Western Herbal Medicine doctor or a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor or an Ayurvedic Herbal Medicine doctor. They will suggest teas, pills, tinctures and other methods to ingest the correct herbal blends. There are herbs to tighten stools, loosen stools, increase the number of stools, decrease the number of stools, increase digestive alkalinity or acidity to improve stool health, eliminate painful stools, control flatulence, and every other possible thing you can imagine. You will learn the herbs you need and then you can buy them and do them on your own and do your own research. I like the book, "The Desktop Guide to Herbal Medicine: The Ultimate Multidisciplinary Reference to the Amazing Realm of Healing Plants in a Quick-Study, One-Stop Guide" by Brigitte Mars A.H.G. available on Amazon for about 20$.

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 04/15/17 08:19:13

...There are thousands of herbal laxatives. However, you must be diagnosed to find if you need cooling herbs, neutral herbs or warming herbs or a combination of the above to solve your problem. Also if stress is the root cause, perhaps a nervine or a relaxant of some type will help in the mixture. Only your herbalist will know for sure.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support