Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

hi, i accidentally ate butter today and i feel so guilty. how long will my body will get rid of the butter i just ate? thank you!

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by ahimsa32fa at 07/16/15 06:16:37

You won't turn into a meat-eater or a zombie!

In the thirty years since I chose the vegan life, I've erred more than once. Several times I ate foods that had been vegan, but the company was taken over by a major corporation and their standards took a step backward.

No one is perfect. Be proud of your intent and efforts!

• Report Abuse

Posted by ellie4animals4ever at 07/16/15 12:54:33

It's OK to accidently slip up now and then, nearly everybody does. A few months ago I was eating mints and didn't realise until I read the packet that they contained Gelatine. I felt terrible and thought it meant I was a meat eater again until I realised that everyone make mistakes like that. Don't feel guilty, we've all slipped up once or twice.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Thalassa4 at 10/10/15 00:40:14

This kind of obsessive guilt could make being vegan or vegetarian difficult for you. I think some people give up entirely because they kept eating butter or there was animal broth in a dish or something. Better to be 90-99% than giving up entirely because you can't stand the guilt or "mistakes." If this is a lifestyle for you, it's not an all or nothing thing. That's how people think on diets and it leads to yoyo dieting instead of a gradual healthy lifestyle change.

My two cents.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support