Community: Forum: Health & Healing

Vegan Health & Nutrition Discussion Forum

When diet is wrong, medicine is of no use. When diet is right, medicine is of no need.

We all talk about avoiding alcohol, harmful substances and drugs, quit smoking and any habits that are harmful for our body. Ever wondered why? Anything and everything impacts our lifestyle, body and mind. One should be very careful of what they consume.

Junk food surely tastes very good and satisfies the tongue, but in life you win some, you lose some. So either you choose to eat healthy or stay fit or eat junk and look like a potato and cry for the rest of the days.

Here are 3 main benefits of healthy eating:

You can control weight.

Yes people come in all shapes and sizes, but if you love your body, treat it like a temple. Eat more fruits, and vegetables. Cut down on all the junk food, and soft drinks. It is tough in the beginning, but believe me it gives amazing results. If you want to lose some of that fat, work on it now. Remember food is a friend not an enemy. Eat right and stay fit.

You have a glowing skin.

Ever had the problem of Pimples, scars, blemishes, dry skin, or any other skin issues? Let me tell you it can be easily solved by eating good nutritious food items. Citrus fruits help to detoxify the body. Green vegetables gives a lot of vitamins and nutrition to the body. The natural resources never seem to ditch you at any step of life.

Improves mood.

It not only helps in better metabolism, but also helps in releasing the hormone called endorphin in the body which is responsible for lifting the mood. Want to stay happy mostly? Go for a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet.

Bad habits are hard to lose but once you start living healthy there is no turning back. You will never regret eating better healthier food. Dont believe me, see the change yourself.

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by Mountainmystic at 07/26/17 18:56:05

Anjali--I agree with what you have written. The human body is a sacred temple and one which we should honor & respect for the time we are blessed with on Earth. I try to feed my body, mind, & spirit good food, thoughts, & energy every day. It's not always easy living in this challenging world as someone who doesn't drink alcohol, smoke, take drugs, nor eat refined sugar, and who doesn't eat meat or fish, and doesn't think like most people do and takes the path less traveled. When one does all these things and incorporates them into a lifestyle of being, one is aware of so many things unseen by 99% of the world's people.

It's a personal choice, and I feed my body, mind, & spirit on so many levels beyond just the health benefits. I know it works for me. For other people, it doesn't work. That's the beauty of free will as a human. I "know" what my body, mind, & spirit are lacking, when I feel off or out of balance. Thanks for the good post. It's always good to hear what other people around the world think. I learn so much from every person I meet.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support