HappyCow is loading...

Community: Forum: Connect With Other Members

Introduce Yourself - Connect with New Friends

Hello I'm Jasmine. I have eaten meat for my whole life. My family are meat eaters. :( I am 23. I am very interested in becoming vegetarian so I can lose weight, relieve my mental health problems (depression/anxiety) and just to be healthy. I also care about animals. :) I am wondering how could I transition to vegetarian when my family is meat eaters?
More about me is I enjoy drawing, writing, reading books, anime and manga, girly girl and japanese fashion. :)

Responses (3)

• Report Abuse

Posted by plantbasedJustice at 06/08/16 06:30:05

Hey there. I'm a vegan living with a meat eater family so this is something I struggle with on a daily basis. First of all, I'd like to say that going vegatarian or vegan works wonders for physical and mental health and it is completely worth it if that is your motivation. I was in a really bad place before I started a plant based diet mentally, extremely depressed and losing all motivation, and only a few months after cutting out animal products and eating whole plant foods turned that all around, and also helped me get rid of a lifelong migraine issue. Also, it's actually much easier to adopt a vegetarian or vegan diet han you might think!! I had absolutely no trouble with going vegetarian, even after being raised in a very meat heavy household. It's also extremely easy to get all of the necessary nutrients from plant foods alone, and you can eat as much as you want of whole plant foods (fruits, veggies, nuts, beans, etc) without worrying at all about calories or health detriments. I eat practically all day and I've been losing weight since day one! There's a really helpful website called cronometer (cronometer.com) where you can enter the amounts of different kinds of foods you've eaten in a day and it will tell you the nutritients, percentage of recommended values, and the amount of calories you take in. Other than that, I would just say to try and learn as much as possible about what your eating and why, and make sure to stay involved in the vegan community as much as possible, even if it's only online. There are really great places for information and support on YouTube and Tumblr, and here on HappyCow of course. :) Best of luck!!

• Report Abuse

Posted by girlyveggie at 06/08/16 14:22:52

Thank you so much! I will try to learn more. I will definitely check out those websites.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Chef Soul at 07/15/16 19:20:38

Greetings thank you for reading this email. Does anyone have any information on Organic gardens and farms located in Georgia or any surroundings states or countries. Stay positive have a great day.

You need to be logged in or registered to post.

Your browser is out-of-date!

Update your browser to view this website correctly. Update my browser now