Community: Forum: Connect With Other Members

Introduce Yourself - Connect with New Friends

Hello everyone!

My name is Aditi. I am a 21 year-old college student studying in New York City.

There are two reasons I have joined the community, that I would like to share. The first one is that I am currently working on a research project from my Social Networking Class, that requires me to observe and participate in a single online community. Please know that my research and participation will culminate in a written report that will be seen only by my professor, and nobody else. I would genuinely appreciate your permission to observe and participate in the community. Please know that my observations will not at all be specific to any user, and no specific names will be included in my report.

My participation in the group will also be genuine, as I have been trying for the past year to develop healthier eating habits. Last summer I discovered that I was intolerant to a number of foods and have been trying to find some delicious, vegan alternatives that would become a part of my daily diet. I would genuinely love some help and guidance, and I will be happy to provide the same.

A little more of my history - I was born in India, lived in Oman for 8 years and in Dubai for 10, and now I've been in New York City for nearly three years.

Responses (1)

• Report Abuse

Posted by matijars at 04/06/18 13:16:52

Hi Aditi and welcome. When I first switched, I didn't know what I was going to do for breakfast. No more eggs, bacon, and sausages? But nowadays, breakfast is an everyday party. I get my carbs, protein, healthy fats, vitamins, antioxidants, omega 3 fatty acids at the very start of the day.

Oat flakes, boiled water, nuts, ground flaxseeds, ground cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger, banana, berries, and I even add green leafy vegetables into the mix. They don't really alter the taste of the meal, but pack a lot of nutrients that make you super healthy once they digest and enter your arteries.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support