Community: Forum: Animal Rights & Animal Welfare

Animal Rights Forum

Hey everyone
I'm not very into vegetarian lifestyles so I'll probably never post again. I was vegetarian for about a year and a half but I eventually decided it didn't make sense to me. I've never been OK with veal and I have never intentionally consumed it. Today however I discovered that veal is in gyro meat. Do any of you know where I can find information about avoiding veal so that I don't make the same mistake again?

Responses (3)

Report Abuse

Posted by Star the magic vegan at 03/29/17 07:26:20

Hey Zf0926,

The best way to avoid veal and never have this problem again is simple.

In fact, it will not only solve your veal dilemma, but many other problems in your life.

You probably do not like veal because of the obviously cruel way in which baby calves are slowly bled daily to make them anemic, how they are caged indoors away from all sunshine and their mothers, and then slaughtered in an emotionally painful and often physically maiming, destructive manner. You may not even like the taste of veal or perhaps the karmic residue of such animal cruelty.

The answer to your problem is here at last:

Go vegan.

Then you could write more for HappyCow and never worry about veal again.

• Report Abuse

Posted by Enchanted at 03/17/18 16:46:26

I think you should move forward in your life and adopt a veg/vegan lifestyle. Eating the flesh of a dead animal can never be seen as acceptable.
    I see your point on veal however it is important to recognise that there are other also disgusting practices in the factory farming industry that are as bad as this. A completely cruelty free lifestyle should be adopted. I would personally refrain from all meat eating but of course it is up to you.
    I wish you well.

• Report Abuse

Posted by ForestNymph at 03/18/18 03:04:19

LOL well you also might want to stop drinking cow's milk or eating cow cheese then. Cattle dairy enables the veal industry.

I think it's totally precious when people say they want to avoid veal cruelty but could care less if their "gyro" was beaten, enslaved, tortured or separated from her mother at birth.

Avoiding veal is like symbolic hand washing. It makes you feel better, but in reality you're still dirty.

Try being a vegetarian who only eats goat cheese and no other animal products. That is my sage advice today.

Keep HappyCow Growing Strong!

I would like to support