Soul Burger - Randwick

• Friend
02-93987496

49 Perouse Rd, Randwick, Sydney, New South Wales, 2031

Plant-based burger restaurant featuring vegan burgers that taste more like backyard BBQ style than fast food restaurant style. Offers coconut-based milkshakes, chips that are seasoned with hint of rosemary, and Young Henrys flowing on tap. All-vegan since 2015. Open Mon-Fri 12:00pm-3:30pm, Mon 5:00pm-9:00pm, Tue-Fri 5:00pm-10:00pm, Sat 12:00pm-10:00pm, Sun 12:00pm-9:00pm.

Category: Vegan, American, Western, Beer/Wine, Delivery, Take-out

First Review by Jez

Yessss - Edit

Well what a surprise some time later that this place turned vegan...adore you guys. Wonderful job. Had only 3 types of burgers as i really like mushrooms and the felafel burger. Too hard for me to do mock meats. They are friendly lovely people x

Pros: All vegan place, Lots of variety, Vegan milk shakes

Cons: Need more plant burgers and less mock meat ones, When i got with ppl to randwick hard to get park, Too busy x

Vegan Fast Food - Edit

I am going to preface my review with - I don't like mock meat
I really enjoy the red and green fries and aioli! The crumbed mushroom burger is my favourite with no capsicum and extra pickle.
The rest of the burgers are a miss for me but my husband loves it and would eat here every day if he could.

Pros: Amazing fries, All vegan, GF buns

Cons: Mock meat

NOT VEGAN - Edit

This place is NOT vegan. please check their ingredients before you eat here. Many of their burgers are not wholly plant based as they contain animal by products such as milk and fish. Also, their sauces contain ingredients such as eggs and crustaceans. Please stop branding this place as vegan when it clearly is not.

Decent concept and execution - Edit

I'm not a fan of fake meat so I was recommended the one option that tries to be an actual veg burger. If you're craving a fast food fix, this place will certainly provide it. I slightly preferred the flavor of the food at Lord of the Fries, though the ambiance here is much better. [Note: this review is for the Glebe location, but they're basically the same.]

Pros: all veg, not expensive fast-food fix, nice seating and ambiance

Cons: lots of fake meat

Bring Your Omni Friends! - Edit

Amazing. The star rating says it all. The burgers are exceptional and creative, even Hansen's Halal (HSP) is perfection. If you don't enjoy mock meats then you should have one of the more boring ones like the Mushroom Burger (still good though!)

Pros: Good vibes, mock meat on point, Coconut Milkshakes

Cons: Pricey - but worth it. Parking can be tricky.

Great burges and fries - Edit

Great burgers and fries. We had the American badass and the 'straya mate. The fries were crispy and covered with a great sauce. The coconut icecream was too frozen, so they couldn't make shakes. Would definitely go again. on the pricier side.

Pros: all vegan

Great burgers! - Edit

Super yummy and love the concept & compassion

Fine - Edit

We came here while visiting Sydney and shared a pulled pork burger ($14) and an American Badass. The American-style burger (with tomato relish and mustard) was fine but really nothing special at $16. I didn't like the pulled pork burger much and found the flavour a bit sharp, but my companion thought it was quite nice. As with a lot of vegan burgers, the taste seemed to come entirely from the condiments, rather than any seasoning in the burger itself. I enjoyed the beer-battered fries, which were crisp and hearty, but my companion found them a bit oily. The strawberry-flavoured coconut shake I ordered was a bit too sweet for my taste, but I guess that's what shakes are like. The prices were at the high end of reasonable.

Pros: Decent-sized burger, Crisp, beer-battered fries

Delicious chips! - Edit

I have taken a few non-vegan friends here who have loved the burgers! I also really enjoy the burgers, there is a lot of choice for patties or types of burgers. It is a very American style menu with a choice of burgers, chips and milkshakes.

The chips are great!! Thick, chrunchy and there are a few seasonings to choose from. I love the 'green' seasoning, which is a mixture of herbs.

Pros: Delicious chips, Open later, Lots of burger choice

Cons: Only does burgers, chips, milkshakes, Limited seating (around 25 or so?)

Fantastic treat! - Edit

Soul burger is awesome. I went with my mum after having just come front he French Consulate and successfully lodging our passports and our celebratory mushroom and fish burgers were delicious. And the lovely waitress happened to be french as well. The toilet sign is perfect and yet again it's just a great feeling to walk into a place knowing that all the options are vegan.

Pros: Great menu, Friendly staff, Intersectional utilities ;)

Cons: Mushroom burger was a bit unecessarilly oily

Fabulous burger spot - Edit

I've had lots of burgers and chips from here and they've been delicious each time. Finding a table can be a bit tricky but have managed each time.

Delicious coconut milkshakes! Naughty vegan burgers. - Edit

Get a milkshake and fries with it - your eating BURGERS. This is delicious 'sometimes' food for me. It tastes exactly like non-vegan burgers it's almost suspicious! But 100% plant based assured. Fish burger tastes like good old battered fried fish, cheeseburger is cheesy and topped with tangy gherkins, and my fave is the spicy one (can't remember what it's called) - with a meaty (so meaty- how??) patty and a nice amount of jalapeño kick. Sweet potato fries were delicious! This is higher on the 'processed food' spectrum than I would usually eat, being a healthy wholefoods gal, but if you're going to - just go all out! Get the milkshake and fries!! It's affordable too, with burgers starting at $10.

Pros: Completely vegan, A complete traditional burger joint experience, Affordable

Cons: Fast-food type of patties

wow just wow - Edit

completely vegan, fish and beef that rival the real thing. reasonable price

Pros: variety and something meat eaters can enjoy(withou

Cons: busy and popular

Incredible - Edit

I had heard many rumours about this place. And it's real. They service incredible, creative burgers. All vegan. If you used to like meat, it's really impressive. I had the American Badass and I can't wait to go back there.

Pros: very creative food, huge portions, friendly staff

Cons: the light was not optimal to take pictures, but is

Vegan burgers for everyone - Edit

Wide range of tasty burgers that please the palate of even hard core carnivores...generously sized and filling

Pros: For carnivores and vegans alike

Cons: Trying a little too hard to be like meat

Best all Vegan burger joint in Sydney! - Edit

A great burger joint for vegans and non-vegans alike.
So many burger options to choose from as well as 3 different types of spiced fries and rich, creamy milkshakes!

Pros: ALL of the options, Great vibe, 100% vegan-friendly

Cons: Can be quite busy/noisy

THE best vegan burgers (in the world..?) - Edit

I have long been assigned to the fact that vegan burger options consist of lentil, falafel or nondescript veggies. That is until I saw the menu at Soul Burger and fell deeply in love. If you're not into mock meats you may not be blown away by chilli beef or spicy sausage burgers, but the field mushroom burger is genius! 100% worth the trek out of the city if you're in Sydney.

Pros: great portions , awesome menu

Cons: need more branches across the world!

soo yummmyyy - Edit

I really enjoyed my gf vegan burger!! a bit pricey but I'll definitely return next time in in Sydney to indulge in the vegan comfort food

Pros: burgers are huge, sweet potato fries were yummmmmyy, great location and a nice walk away from coogee be

Return to Sydney Vegetarian Restaurants & Health Food Store Listings
Has Soul Burger - Randwick closed, shut down, moved, or changed? Please use the Update Form.